WindowsMediaPlayer....MP3'S Ripp?????

XPerties

Does anyone know of a tweak to enable to rip High quility MP3's from WMP? Or a way to convert songs already copyied to MP3 formate. I have 7gb of music and cant do s*** with them unless I play them in WMP.Thanks!!!

-Chris

When you copy a CD thro WMP it makes the fomatte in WMP. Does not allow you to burn the songs to a CDR with a second program (ex. nero, cd-creator)...So what I wanted to know is there will be a add-on in the future for WMP to ripp the CD's in a MP3 formatte, does anyone know how to do this.

-Chris

Yes there is a easy way.... You have to have the MP3 Codect on top installed before doing this... I dont know what they mean by this but I think they mean getting some Mp3 software (with the codecs) This just adds the ability to go into the options on Windows Media Player 8 (In WinXP) And go from WMA to Mp3 and pick the ripping quality... I reccomend 128. As that is the CD Quality.

Forgot to mention that This is for older builds below 2500! Sorry

:hohum But it could work on higher builds (Im not sure)

Heres the link....:)

ht*p://xp.xyu.ca/winxp/highmp8.zip

There is a way which you can get WMP8 to Rip MP3's instead of ripping to WMA.

Go here to get the pack which has all tools necessary and a txt file with instructions on how to do it.

ht*p://www.angelfire.com/movies/xp/WinXP_RTM_WMP8_MP3.rar

-=| WoRdUp48 |=-

• 4 weeks later...

Why use media player for this ??? If you want to rip cd's -> mp3, theres a bunch of progs out ther, if you want to burn mp3's as audio cd's use winamp with diskwriter plugin and it will convert the mp3's to wav. and burn it.. or why not a direct cdcopy ?

Did I missunderstand the question or something?

Guest LouCypher

Bah: there's two copies posted, one is just the .REG file and the other is complete, with the .REG and the external Fraunhofer MP3 codec. You need the one with the codec. Get the other one, extract the .EXE and run it and then it'll work.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey MEK, Welcome to the forums, hope you stay ahwile...But do me a little favor. Dont post active links. I have edited your above to give you a idea of what we allow. Also to help with comunications around here you might want to turn on your Private messanging option under your profile.

-Chris