Rate Windows XP PowerPacker

Siginet

Did you enjoy using Windows XP PowerPacker?  

70 members have voted

1. 1. Did you enjoy using Windows XP PowerPacker?

• I have used Windows XP PowerPacker and I think it is a great program! I would reccommend it to anybody who needs an XP multiboot disk!
    • I have used Windows XP PowerPacker and I think it is a decent program for making a multiboot disk but it can use a few more features.
    • I have used Windows XP PowerPacker and I think it is not a good program at all. I have an easier time manually creating my multiboot XP disks.

I am just curious to know what people think of the program. ;)

Please only vote if you have actually tried the program out.

Please post a comment regarding your vote if you have time.

Thank you for any feedback. B) :thumbup

If you haven't tried it yet please do. ;)

Download/Rate Windows XP PowerPacker HERE ONLINE @ BetaNews.com

Edited by Siginet

• 1 month later...

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Siginet

first time ive made a multi boot cd and **** it was easy!

i do have a few suggestions:

in my case i have 6 instances of the $OEM$ folder and they all have that same contents. is there any way to make it so they all share the same one? but, with an option to disable that feature (for all or a certain install) just incase you want to have a particular install with different apps.

because i used 3 different flavours of xp i had to find all my WinNT.sif's and ammend the product key to suit that particular install. do you think it would be a good idea to be able to paste the product keys into powerpacker and have it inject the relevent key into the sif?

Edited by kris_h

Hi Siginet

first time ive made a multi boot cd and **** it was easy!

i do have a few suggestions:

in my case i have 6 instances of the $OEM$ folder and they all have that same contents. is there any way to make it so they all share the same one? but, with an option to disable that feature (for all or a certain install) just incase you want to have a particular install with different apps.

Basically what I do is in my $OEM$ folder it runs a batch file that tells it to look in a folder called "INSTALL" at the root of my disk. That is where I put all of my programs. ;) That way I have a very small $OEM$ folder. All of the $OEM$ folders I use are the same... but they mainly just consist of the bat file cmdlines.txt and a few other files. The install folder can be copied to the root of the disk using the ExtraRootFiles option.

because i used 3 different flavours of xp i had to find all my WinNT.sif's and ammend the product key to suit that particular install. do you think it would be a good idea to be able to paste the product keys into powerpacker and have it inject the relevent key into the sif?

That is an idea I will keep in mind.

But once you have all of your winnt.sif files created you simply just have to select each different one. It may be just as hard to put the serial # in powerpacker as it would be to select a different winnt.sif file. ;)

• 4 months later...
  • 8 months later...

I have done a multi boot a while ago manually and remember

that you need the boot files to do this - in other words, you have

to fool it into thinking you're installing Windows, then get the boot

files - if you strip the OS it doesn't work so the simple question

is - can you make a multiboot XP/2003 with this program IF its

been stripped out with nLite?

Edited by LeveL