Whos The Best CPU Manufacturer?

FthrJACK

whos the best CPU manufacturer?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. whos the best CPU manufacturer?

• AMD
    • Intel
    • Other

I used to love AMD, but just recently changed my mind after watching this video:

http://www12.tomshardware.com/images/THG_C...CPU_Cooling.zip 

how likely is it that a heatsink would fall off? and only an id*** would take the heatsink off while the pc is still on.

i think amd are putting a form of cpu throttling in there next generation CPU aswell but im not 100% sure.

btw the cpu diode failed to tell the motherboard its time to shutdown because they dont take readings often enough it may have shut off and survived if the option in the mobo was set to switch off at a certain temprature. but i wouldnt expect it to work every time and i definetly wouldnt expect toms hardware to have done that they enjoy there PR work for intel to much.

I used to love AMD, but just recently changed my mind after watching this video:

http://www12.tomshardware.com/images/THG_C...CPU_Cooling.zip 

how likely is it that a heatsink would fall off? and only an id*** would take the heatsink off while the pc is still on.

and what if the fan dies? you'll see smoke coming out of your PC before you realise and it would be too late to turn it off.

Amd and intel are fairly comparable nowadays....

i have gone with intel since day one, and i have been happy with everyone....

i admit amd has definatly got somthing going for them, but i dont think they have total compatibility with all hardware and software on the market, nor do i like the incresed tempature of the amd flavor...

=Drew

and what if the fan dies? you'll see smoke coming out of your PC before you realise and it would be too late to turn it off.
i have changed the fan on my heatsink while my pc has been on :) the temp only rised about 5c.

if the fan dies the temprature would rise alot slower than if u pulled the heatsink off. it wouldnt go straight to a temp that could melt the cpu so if u have your motherboards bios set right u should get warning beeps around 50c that your cpu has gone above the limit u set then around 60c your motherboard should do its job and shutdown.

check your bios settings then try it :rolleyes:

nor do i like the incresed tempature of the amd flavor...

i think the bartons run cooler.

People that build their own machines seem to go with AMD, the only people I seem to know with Intel bought them a ready made config.

Hmm ... build mine myself and wanked a P4 into it ... **** I regret it now :) But hei, it was 'cheapest' at the time (or something)!

This is what I notice:

People that build their own machines seem to go with AMD, the only people I seem to know with Intel bought them a ready made config. Again, just my observation and opinion, lol!

There is a reason for builders to build with AMD.MOST people that build are not Tom's Hardware and don't have the large cash too buy rediculously priced Intel cpu's and Intel mobos. You have to wait a long time before the Intel price comes down before it is feasible to buy. As a builder you can put together a higher quality and fast system using AMD including the motherboard than a comparable Intel.You can buy a store bought Intel with a less quality mobo and think your getting a deal,same with AMD there. On our front page news recently there was an article stating that AMD had won an award for the best processor because they were addressing both 32 and 64 bit applications with their newest cpu.AMD is in my opinion the cpu for the masses with performance and reliability on the top shelf with Intel.Whew,I'm glad I got my biased opinion out! :rolleyes::)

I like both. I rather Intel due to the fact I feel there easier to overclock and lower on heat but Ive used AMD and for the price and speed they perfome great.

I got 2 jobs for 2 people to build them a PC for under $550. I just got done today with the first one and for a complete system w/ XP 1700 I stayed below 400 that includes the monitor.

Tom's hardware? He always favorise Intel. As far i know and thats

5-6 years. Wonder how much money he got from Intel.

Toms hardware is about the same as Dell. Intel has both of them in their pocket if you ask me. I think both companies sell a great product and its all a matter of what you want. Its kinda like buying a car, you prefer one brand over another. I've used both Intel and AMD and I was happy with each of them. I just happen to work for AMD, so buying an Intel product would be taking away form my profit sharing $$$ if you know what I mean.... :) Bottom line is you can't go wrong with either one.......