What Codec (packs) are the best?

BoardBabe

these codec packs are a pain. i've had trouble with many of them, especially when encoding. i've used the XP Codec Pack, ffDshow, WM10Lite, xVID, etc.. now i'm back to using the K-Lite FULL (not MEGA) pack which has recently been updated. this allowed me to uninstall ALL other codec packs and seems to be working well... so far.

i dont do any encoding but the k-lite mega codec pack works great. very rarely though, qt files will display green instead of the video and a simple restart of media player classic will get them working again.

Try Satsuki Decoder Pack. I used to have k-lite pack but this one is smaller, he plays everything (qt,rm,avi,mkv,etc...), and doesn't use codecs, only filters.

This sounds like a good one; thank you. I am wondering if I get this or another decoder pack installed, do I need the application (qt / real) installed for the webbrowser to be able to do the streaming movies for quicktime and realplayer?

FFDSHOW is only codec(pack) what you will ever need...

http://www.free-codecs.com/download/FFDShow.htm

Well, I had been using ffdshow for some time now. I am confused with all this other talk. I downloaded the one that was above mentioned on the foreign site, but the file was corrupt. I am trying to do a WPI cd, and I want to make sure not to leave any importance out. What's the real deal on these codecs? Thanks

• 1 month later...