[Released] Windows XP PowerPacker v1.0 RC5

Siginet

Concerning the DRVINDEX error (I'm just curious):

By any chance, have you checked the rights on the file to make sure it isn't set to read only or got changed somehow to read-only?

Also, what version of the DPs are you using?

How funny, I just noticed I'm labeled as a newbie. LOL ya, ya, I know I'm a newbie to the site. A newbie with 10 years under my belt. I have to laugh. :whistle:

Edited by VCC

Concerning the DRVINDEX error (I'm just curious):

By any chance, have you checked the rights on the file to make sure it isn't set to read only or got changed somehow to read-only?

Also, what version of the DPs are you using?

How funny, I just noticed I'm labeled as a newbie. LOL ya, ya, I know I'm a newbie to the site. A newbie with 10 years under my belt. I have to laugh. :whistle:

LOL Newbie. ;)

The file shouldn't be read only. If it is then WinXP PowerPacker is not doing it's job. It is supposed to undo all readonly files.

@Telenut Do you get the same error if you manually run the Run_me.cmd file from within an i386 directory?

Edited by Siginet

I don't think this question has been asked before so here goes... I am a system builder and as such have all the XP installs ie Home, Pro, OEM and Retail also Corp. So do i have to select the CD for each build or can i select just one install CD and tell Powerpacker it is the OEM, Home or Pro or Retail etc... but use the same original CD for all, i find that selecting the Retail cd's to create 1 multiboot cd with D/Packs and my OEM installs gives me a CD over 700mb but if i select OEM then i can make it less than 700mb

:huh: Minor problem; I'm noticing when I go to name the ISO, if I name it the same name as the Destination folder, it goes into the destination folder instead of saving the ISO file. I have to manually add ".ISO" for it to save to that name.

I don't think this question has been asked before so here goes... I am a system builder and as such have all the XP installs ie Home, Pro, OEM and  Retail also Corp. So do i have to select the CD for each build or can i select just one install CD and tell Powerpacker it is the OEM, Home or Pro or Retail etc... but use the same original CD for all, i find that selecting the Retail cd's to create 1 multiboot cd with D/Packs and my OEM installs gives me a CD over 700mb but if i select OEM then i can make it less than 700mb

Well... If I understand your question correctly. What you are asking is... can I use an OEM CD as my source files for every different pack. The answer is yes... as long as you put the setupp.ini file in the ExtraPackFiles\I386 directory. That way the file will be overwritten on each pack with the specific setupp.ini

for each different OS. I have never tried this though... so let me know if it works. Also I am not sure the legalities of this. I would think if you own the disks there shouldn't be a problem.

:huh: Minor problem; I'm noticing when I go to name the ISO, if I name it the same name as the Destination folder, it goes into the destination folder instead of saving the ISO file. I have to manually add ".ISO" for it to save to that name.

That is pretty normal. I think most programs do the same. ;) Because when you type in a folder name it has no way to know if you are meening the folder or the iso. It sees the folder exists so it goes into the folder. ;)

Thanks Siginet, I've confirmed the problem with saving the ISO with the same name as the destination folder and how it exists with other application's saving feature as well. Case closed.

is there a way I could implement this powerpacker utility with WinPE. I currently use WinPE to install XP pro using winnt32

I am going to work on adding BartPE to v2.0 but I have no access to WINPE. :( Maybe someone can make a plugin for WinPE. ;) As for now you will need to manually create your WinPE pack... then save all of the files to the "Extra Root Files" directory for later installs.

Thanks Siginet, I've confirmed the problem with saving the ISO with the same name as the destination folder and how it exists with other application's saving feature as well. Case closed.

;)

Dude

If you can make program with cd-switching and intergrated wpi. It will be so cool. It is a suggestion.

Yes I do want to implement something like that. I am pretty busy coding Windows XP PowerPacker itself right now... but anyone is welcome to write a plugin for WinXP PowerPacker to do something like what you have requested. Once I get the program fully released I should have more time to create plugins. ;)

post-70017-1124874354_thumb.jpgSiginet,

I just downloaded your powerPacker from a link in your original post in this thread and it seems that you have a TrojanDropper in the file.

That is definatly a false positive. Some applications have false readings... especially on programs that are fresh and new... like Windows XP PowerPacker. What program is that, that gave that reading? I use Symantec Antivirus and I have no problems.