Powerpoint Viewer '03 silent install - skip EULA?

Tomcat76

Can anyone tell me if there's any way to skip the EULA of Powerpoint Viewer 2003 with a silent install?

For Word Viewer 2003 and Excel Viewer 2003, these are the commands I'm using respectively:

msiexec /i WORDVIEW.MSI /qn ACCEPTEULA=1 ASSOCIATE=1

msiexec /i XLVIEW.MSI /qn ACCEPTEULA=1 ASSOCIATE=1

The ACCEPTEULA part doesn't seem to do the trick for PPoint Viewer 2003; the EULA is still shown upon first run...

Thanks for the tip; it works. :)

I've changed it into this:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\PowerPoint Viewer\11.0]
"EULAAccepted"=dword:00000001

[HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\PowerPoint Viewer\11.0]
"EULAAccepted"=dword:00000001

REG ADD %KEY%\140 /VE /D "Power Point Viewer" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\140 /V 1 /D "%CDROM%\Software\powerpointview\PPVIEWER.msi /qb /m /QUIET" /f

This is how i install it, and works for me, i dont use the reg.

• 2 weeks later...

REG ADD %KEY%\026 /VE /D "MS PPViewer" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\026 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\install\Applications\MSViewers\ppviewer\PPVIEWER.MSI /qn" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\027 /VE /D "MS WDViewer" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\027 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\install\Applications\MSViewers\wdviewer\SETUP.EXE /qn" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\028 /VE /D "MS XLViewer" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\028 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\install\Applications\MSViewers\xlviewer\SETUP.EXE /qn" /f

I extracted the viewers and grabbed the contents from the /temp folder and used the above code. Worked with no EULA and no pop-ups etc. It all worked 1st, much to my surprise.

HTH Rik

• 5 months later...

I have tryed some ways to find the best working way:

PPVIEWER.msi /qb /m /QUIET

This works, when removing /m /quiet you will see a progressbar and thats all and works too.

PPVIEWER.MSI /qn

This works the same as the "/qb /m /quiet".

Thanks everyone to post your info :thumbup

Edited by SolidasRock

• 1 year later...

I'm making a Powerpoint slideshow that I will be burning to a disk and distributing. My goal is to get the show to start up on anyone's computer without any input required from them. I want them to just be able to pop the CD in and watch. I'm using Powerpoint 2003 which I know pops up with a EULA when it starts for the first time. I think the other posts on the message board explain how to do away with the EULA but I'm not familiar with the code being, which code I should use or what file it needs to go in. I know I probably sound like a noob but I would appreciate any help. Thanks.

nickfit, I would strongly recommend creating a html-based slideshow rather than a PowerPoint one. Installing something to a user's PC "without any input required from them" is a dangerous area to get into. What if the user already has PowerPoint installled and now ppt files are associated with the viewer? Just one person's feedback...

Thanks for your comment Beaker,

It's a little late for me to switch formats for this slide show. I've already completed it in Powerpoint and it took me weeks to do. The last time I did something like this was on Powerpoint 97. The viewer that came with that version worked very well. It would run right off of the CD with no installation necessary. If I could find or do something like that I think that would be ideal but if I can't I'd like to make the installation of the program as transparent as possible.

• 1 month later...