WGA Disable is a Fraud!

XL-DJK

while installing or after nothing big happen. is just an active x that u install.

of course u have to install so u can run windows update. even if u disable it so your wu can work u still have to install it ( the legit one or ............).

Edited by boooggy

Still, the process was presented and it still has no effect, it's as though if WinUpdate doesNOT receive a response from the ActiveX, it won't allow for update d/l...........I'm thinking I may delete the file and seeing what happens after that

when I change my key on my microsoft-provided xp sp2 pro corporate to one so common it was blacklisted in SP1 (yes, that's right, sp*1*) and use the disable trick, it pops up a dialog in the bottom right corner of IE mentioning that the site is trying to use an activex control that has been disabled, then continues to work fine if I ignore that popup.

for the retail version that needs to be activated, I used one that had been activated mroe than 3 times, tried the same thing, and again, it works fine.

Are you using this method? (or even sp2 at all?)

Yes I am, I've even asked war if he could help me out with the situation, but it appears he's busy ;) I would like to try out the "3 byte patch" but noone's helping out.........anyone?

THIS REQUIRES WIN XP SP2 AND A VALID SN.

THIS IS USED WITH INTERNET EXPLORER ONLY.

DO THIS BEFORE GOING BACK TO WINDOWS UPDATE

THE SECOND TIME AFTER YOU REBOOT FROM

THE WGA INSTALL UPDATE.

1. Open IE

2. Click on Tools

3. Click on Internet options

4. Click to the Programs tab

5. Click on the Manage Add-ons button.

6. Select Windows Genuine Advantage

7. Click Disable

8. Done, now you can do Windows updates again.

Genuine Windows validation is NOT required to use the Automatic Updates feature. Keep your computer up-to-date today.

:thumbup

• 1 month later...

So there's no way I can "integrate" my activation into the XPCD w/o having to actually go online?

Like, throw my WPA.DBL into the i386 folder and it installs with XP with no problems by adding the wpa.dbl filename in the winnt.sif file?

Edited by XL-DJK95355

It is easier than that.

First you need two files. WPA.DBL and WPA.BAK. Both are found in \Windows\System32

Place these files on the CD in the following location

\$OEM$\$$\System32

Make sure you have OEMPreinstall=Yes set in your winnt.sif

• 2 years later...

Yoooooo, welcome to the forum ! So your first search was for "crack". Ha ha, excellent.

Have more interresting things to say about that thread from august 2005 ? :huh: