Securing Outlook

Slurpee

I recently purchased/installed Office XP Professional, How do I configure Outlook to prompt me for a password when I start the application? The computer is part of a LAN, that anyone can walk up to. I want to have my email secure, so no one else will be able to access it. I know how to do it in Outlook 2000, but not Outlook XP.

oh gezzz...your responce was well noted as well as your attempt to fix your promblem with a easy search using the right words. Seems that I did as I posted and found the answer. Thanks for your inteligent responce. Good day sir

-XPerties:D

• 6 years later...

Sir, I would like to know something, if you are on a LAN, then doesn't your pc log you off after a certain amount of time? It also sounds to me that your IT dept. hasn't set up your pc properly in order to protect your computer from prying eyes. You see there should be multiple accounts of the pc, then let's say you walk away for about five minutes then when you return you should have to hit CRTL+ALT+DEL. So you should make sure that your pc logs you off quickly. Although this is a pain in the _! It is the best method to secure your pc.

• 2 weeks later...