LCD tv resolution

hakeem5454

right click desktop, properties,settings, right click on screen 2 that is in the pic, click attached, then make sure that it is highlighted,advanced,adapter,list all modes,

then i think that you would want 848x480 true color 32bit 60hertz

how do u have ur tv connected then? do you have your video driver installed?

edit: nvm, i just checked my other comp and it doesnt have it, just try it without that step

Edited by ripken204

did u follow what i said before? leaving out that 1 step of selecting the screen? the resolution on ur pc will be screwed up but fine on ur comp

also try 1152x864

some comps dont have all of the widescreen resolution as others do, just pick one that is widescreen and you should be fine

Edited by ripken204

@ripken204 - Unless his computer detects that the display supports widescreen (or you install special drivers), he'll never have an option to select a widescreen capable resolution. (i.e. 1280x768 or whatever the TV dimensions are)

Hakeem5454 - Right-click on the desktop. Go to the "Settings" tab. You should have something that looks like this (from my Win2K workstation):

Display.jpg

The slider to the right (It's on the left in XP) will set your resolution. Most resolutions have a 4:3 ratio, which means that if you take the larger number and divide by the smaller, you'll get 4/3 (or 1.3333). Widescreen displays are either 16:9 (1.77777) or 16:10 (1.6), depending on the model you have.

Check the HP website to see if they have any driver updates for your video card. There may be some extra drivers/settings that didn't come installed on your system when you bought it.

(sorry... noticed you said HP above, edited)

Edited by Zxian

The problem is that he's not running ATI Catalyst 5.8... he doesn't even have an ATI card. ATI makes much better video cards than Intel, and their driver support is also better.

As for the list all modes, it's actually not recommended. Windows will automatically display a list of all supported modes by default. Selecting a display mode that isn't supported will end up in even worse display settings than he's already got.

Here's the display properties from my laptop

Display2.jpg

Under the Display drop-down list, your TV should be listed there. The second monitor is greyed out because I don't have a second monitor connected to my laptop.

What are the options available when you move the "Screen Resolution" slider back and forth? Are there any that are not in a 4:3 ratio? If so, then that's the one that you'll want to select.

Oh... and one last thing, if your screen goes blank while you're changing any of the display settings - do not touch anything!!! Windows will automatically revert back to the old settings after 15 seconds if nothing is touched or clicked. If you accidentially click Yes when things aren't working, then you'll have even more of a headache getting things to work again.

ok i updated my driver from intel.com and i check the resolution settings, i only i have: 800x600 and another one, but im not sure what it is because im not my HP computer, im on my laptop.

@zxian - it says plug and play moniter

Edited by hakeem5454

Try

Right click desktop --- properties -- settings --- advanced button --- then the adapter tab ---- then click List all modes

That will show every possible resolution you can use

Go through each one making sure its 32bit and 60hz

Ooops i noticed someone above has posted this sorry

If you do try this method make sure

if your screen goes blank while you're changing any of the display settings - do not touch anything!!! Windows will automatically revert back to the old settings after 15 seconds if nothing is touched or clicked (Sorry i copy and pasted that from above but it is a good warning)

The recommended ones are not always the only ones you can use if it says default monitor it will thing you have a basic screen to i do suggest the above method

Edited by matt5108