LCD tv resolution

hakeem5454

i connected my Prima 20 inch tv to my computer with my vga cable. The problem is the resolution has to be at 800x600 at 60hz, now even tho its at that resolution a side of my screen is black and the desktop is moved over to the left.

haha i hope the picture is clear enough to understand :P

Are you connecting this to your laptop?

There should be options within the ATI Control Panel to shift the image to the right. I can't remember what it's called, since I don't have a chance to hook up another monitor to my laptop right now. Look under the Displays panel.

Well,

Right-Click your desktop

Select Properties

Click the 'Settings' Tab (last one on the top right)

Click the 'Advanced...' button

Have a look around.

Since it's an LCD/TV, don't go above 60Hz for your refresh rate.

Since I'm not sure of your model, or the company website, I can't be too specific. However, if it is a multi source monitor (s-video, vga, dvi, coax, etc) see if your monitor has a setting for selecting the specific source and not just auto.

Also, disable any 3:2 pull down, interacing (all pc's are progressive), and other optional features.

I think if you download Intel's graphics chipset drivers it comes with some utility that is very similar to ATI's control panel.

I have it installed on the family Dell downstairs; like I said, it believe it functions in a way similar to the ATI control panel. Hope that helps!

Well... where would you download them from?

And your computer never comes with the latest driver. It may be the latest driver at the time, but chances are that there have been updates since then.

Well.. you can, it'll just be either streched or end up with bars on both sides... which isn't what he's getting.

that is the problem! he wont have bars b/c the lcd is widescreen. you ever use the widescreen gameboy? you could change it to normal screen then there would be black on the left and right.

hakeem- please change your resolution to widescreen