Nokia PC Suite 6.6 not supporting my series60 fone

prathapml

I need to be able to send SMS (text messages) from my windows desktop, via my Symbian OS-based, series60, Nokia 3230 smartphone.

The Nokia PC Suite versions till v6.5 never did support this function till now, for Symbian phones.

Now, the version 6.6 claims to support symbian-based phones as well. Supposedly, the older phones do work fine now, to send SMS directly from PC.

But my 3230 is STILL not supported. Any ideas why?

And instead of waiting for next version, any other apps which can do this?

• 2 weeks later...

Dunno about the Nokia PC Suite..but to synchronize between the PC and the cell phone, try Float's Mobile Agent. It's a great application (FREE!) which lets u transfer files, archive messages, set alarms and more. You can also reply to SMS messages by typing the reply in ur comp itself. And best of all, it turns ur bluetooth cell into a remote control..great when u want to watch a movie on ur comp and cant be nothered to get up to play/pause and change volume!

Check it out at:

fma.sourceforge.net

Let me have ur feedback on this application!

are you sure fma works with nokia phones...

the authors made it specifically for that sony ericsson phone (forgot the no, something like t680 i think)...

and it doesnt even work properly with other se phones, forget about nokia phones...

I'v just installed PCsuite 6.6.16.

I have Nokia 6630 and sending sms works ok.

First time when sending, PCsuite asked to instal something on my phone (smssync if I'm not mistaken). You need to install it.

After install message was sent.

I tried FMA when I had SEk700, and even than I had problems. Nice gui but to much bugs!

Edited by Bas

• 2 weeks later...

I use MobiMB Mobile Media Browser.. but thats just for ringtones, games and wallpaper... and thats all I really need... but there is a another package that MobiMB makes that has contact information and calendar sync...

(forgot the website, sorry guys :()