not responding

hybridspyda

on my new pc (that i put together myself) i keep having to restart it because programs like gmax, IE, and my documents, and various other programs keep on not responding, does anyone know what this is caused by and how to fix this problem?

its really p***ing me off! :realmad:

Are you monitoring the heat on your CPU... could it be overheating?  What are the specs of the machine?

i dont think its the cpu getting too hot i have 6 fans on my machine and the specs of my machine are:

AMD athlon 3500+

geforce 6800GT

200GB SATA hard drive

MSI motherboard with SLI capabilities

windows xp pro sp2

B) lol

plus it starts doing it not too long after i've switched on

Edited by hybridspyda

i dont think its the cpu getting too hot i have 6 fans on my machine and the specs of my machine are:

The number of fans mean very little. Most people w/ that amount of fans usually have worse airflow and temps than the people who have a few and place them strategically. Also, the fact that it starts freezing a little bit after you start should also concern you since that is when the cpu would reach a high enough temp to start killing your machine. Dbl check the temp, make sure the heatsink is on correctly.

If it's not the cpu, and you have a new pc. It most likely is a conflict with drivers or any other program that really digs into the system like Norton Systemworks or a virus scanner. Disable anything that runs on start up. If you OC'd the computer, return it back to original specs. Try booting with BartPE and check if it gets stuck in that.

The number of fans mean very little. Most people w/ that amount of fans usually have worse airflow and temps than the people who have a few and place them strategically.

my case is very well ventilated

Yeah, thats crazy.  Have you run the SFC command to check and see if any system fiels are corrupted?  I know it's a new machine, but never hurts.  Also, are all you drivers, especially the vid card, up to date?

yea all my drivers are upto date, i've used a live update on my motherboard as well, from MSI

yea all my drivers are upto date, i've used a live update on my motherboard as well, from MSI

That may be the problem, after trying the MSI live update once, i never went back cause it screwed my computer up, did it have this problem before you ran that?

Edited by ender341