For some reason it just WON'T work... - RELOADED

Bâshrat the Sneaky

Hiya all :)

Now that I've completely fallen in love with this magnificent program, (Again, congratz Wraith :) ) I also wanted to use it at the presetup stage (i.e. just before setup starts). It's being executed from presetup.cmd, with these commands:

REM Find CDROM driveletter        
SET TAGFILE=\OEM
FOR %%i in (c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z) DO IF EXIST "%%i:%TAGFILE%" set CDDRIVE=%%i:

REM Start XPLode
START /WAIT %CDDRIVE%\$OEM$\XPlode\XPlode.exe /xml:"#XPLODE#\presetup_xplode.xml" /log:"C:\XPlode_presetup.log"
START /WAIT CMD.EXE
EXIT

(I thought I'd post it, it might be useful for somebody.)

And my directory structure, so you can agree that the paths used are correct.

post-8748-1124115733_thumb.png

So I added the "START /WAIT CMD.exe" for testing purposes. This is the result of my test (screenshot taken from VMware):

post-8748-1124115703_thumb.png

So if anyone could help me solving this problem..?

P.S.: the .xml files are ok this time (I tested them with Firefox and they are valid... :P)

Edited by Wraith

When the file can't be found, you get:

D:\Profiles\Wraith>start /wait aslkjhf.exe
The system cannot find the file aslkjhf.exe.

NOT the error you're experiencing.

To be quite honest, I've never seen the same problem you're experiencing.

so....i would have thought this would be obvious to you Bashrat since you deal with this part of setup....

You do remember "Windows" or rather the shell for windows isn't fully loaded and so very LITTLE will actually work. Let alone a program that uses Windows API calls and such.

so....i would have thought this would be obvious to you Bashrat since you deal with this part of setup....

You do remember "Windows" or rather the shell for windows isn't fully loaded and so very LITTLE will actually work. Let alone a program that uses Windows API calls and such.

lol :lol:

Indeed... If I only had read the error code correctly: it doesn't say 'file cannot be found' but 'file cannot be executed'... stupid me.... :blushing::blushing:

Thanks for your support, guys ^^