Q: Enable User Account

mow

t must be default behaviour since WIHU (as expected) don't change anything in UsersList.

Please verify that user "Alexander" has administrator rights.

Mhh, yes. Alexander has administrator rights.

Well, all I know is, that everything was fine until recently and now it isn´t :-)

But I will test now with this setting in the ini:

User.1=Administrator
ShowonWelcome.1=0
Password.1 = *

I hope that Wihu will leave the password from winnt.sif intact :)

Bye,

Alex

Showing user on welcome page isn't as easy as I thought before, may be I'll remove this again.

I tried to find out windows default behaviour of showing the user on welcome page.

1. Disabled user accounts will never be showed on welcome page

2. User accounts that don't belong to any group (users, administrators...) will ONLY be showed if set to 1 in "UsersList" but ONLY if "local logon" is permitted in local security poilicy.

3. Only user accounts which belong to folowing groups will be showed by default: Administrators, Users, Power Users, Guests, but ONLY if "local logon" is permitted in local security policy

Which is pretty difficult. If no idea how I can read out this information with Windows API calls, so Im currently not able to use this information.

Benjamin

Hi Benjamin,

well, I would not mind if you removed that feature but maybe mow would, at least I think you created that feature for him.

Anyway, I tried an installation now with the following entries in the ini:

User.1=Administrator
ShowonWelcome.1=0
Password.1 = *

It did work, Administrator did not show up on the Welcome screen. However, this password thing is not working. Wihu is changing the password for the administrator to a "*" instead of leaving the password from winnt.sif as it is. Thats what I thought.

Add the password in two places (winnt.sif and the wihu ini) is a bad idea, I don´t want that. :no:

An additional thing that happened now is that the Administrator will get the personal folders on D: as all my other users do. I don´t want that either. I guess I could specify the "normal" Windows folders for the Administrator in the ini but all this is a workaround for something which used to work all the time ...

Well, I hope there is a solution that will be fine for everybody ...

Bye,

Alex

However, this password thing is not working. Wihu is changing the password for the administrator to a "*" instead of leaving the password from winnt.sif as it is.

Yes I found the problem which causes this bug. Im currently fixing it.

I've also an solution for the welcome screen problem.

Since you set Home = <path> the path for each account also existing ones will be modified. May be I should change WIHU that way that NO default values will be applied to existing account. What do you think about that?

Benjamin

Benjamin

Since you set Home = <path> the path for each account also existing ones will be modified. May be I should change WIHU that way that NO default values will be applied to existing account. What do you think about that?
Yeah, cool ! That would be great !
Yes I found the problem which causes this bug. Im currently fixing it.

I've also an solution for the welcome screen problem.

You are the best, as always ! :thumbup:thumbup

BYe and thanks :hello:

Alex

HI Benjamin,

while you are fixing bugs, I think I have just found another one for you ...

I have the following in my ini:

Description.12=Winrar 3.5
command.12=CMD /C "%WIHU%\..\Winrar\silent_install.cmd"
workdir.12="%WIHU%\..\Winrar"
selected.12=1
locked.12=1

I have that one locked as you can see, so that people cannot uncheck that entry. That works, one cannot uncheck the program BUT if you untick "Alles auswählen" so that nothing is checked, the software above will not be installed although it is still ticked for installation !!

:D

Thanks,

Alex

Ok thank you, I'll also fix this one ;)

Update: I also find out various bugs concerning shell folders. In [users] Section for example none of shellfolder.x = <path> worked, it seems that no one had used it so far :}

I you want test it in advanced I've uploaded it as http://www.kalytta.com/wihu.test.zip

Now Im going to rewrite Welcome Screen things as mentioned before ;)

Benjamin

Edited by BenjaminKalytta

Any news on a new version ?

Yes ;)

Im currently working on 2 tools at the same time, thats the problem for being so slow.

But the problems on ShowOnWelcome will be resolved soon. Btw. that Administrator is showed even if another admin account is created isn't a WIHU problem. That's a strange windows behaviour, Im trying to find out why this is sometimes showed and sometimes not.

Im also currently disassembling advapi32.dll (LsaEnumerateAccountRights) because I get strange (Object Not Found) errors when calling this function to get a list of account rights assigned to an user account like "Administrator"

Benjamin

Edited by BenjaminKalytta