Kaspersky on 2003 Server

Rfire

I'm trying to force an installation of Kaspersky Anti-Virus Personal 5 on Windows 2003 but it won't work, if I don't use compatibility mode it says it can't install on Server edition of windows, but if I use 98 compat mode it installs but then it does not install the services needed for it to run.. if I try XP or 2000 compat mode it still detects that I'm running a server edition and closes..

Any solutions?

I'm trying to force an installation of Kaspersky Anti-Virus Personal 5 on Windows 2003 but it won't work, if I don't use compatibility mode it says it can't install on Server edition of windows, but if I use 98 compat mode it installs but then it does not install the services needed for it to run.. if I try XP or 2000 compat mode it still detects that I'm running a server edition and closes..

Any solutions?

Grab Application Toolkit from Microsoft and emulate XP....easy.

If it is a windows installer based installation, find the msi file and run the remove OS check vbs script.

the script can by found by searching the forum here. I have posted it twice myself casue people keep asking for it.. and i know others have posted it many times as well.

• 2 weeks later...
If it is a windows installer based installation, find the msi file and run the remove OS check vbs script.

the script can by found by searching the forum here. I have posted it twice myself casue people keep asking for it.. and i know others have posted it many times as well.

I've searched for every combination of "Remove OS check VBS" I can think of and nothing comes up. Do you have a link?

Thanks!

Jason

• 1 month later...

hello everyone,

i'm having the same issue like Rfire, that is installing kaspersky av on server 2003, since i already have this av running on xp pro and find it to be the best av around.

however, kaspersky labs host on their own site a 'server' trial version for server 2003, but unfortunately after installation it will simply not run - dunno why, it's as if it was asking for a real licensed key although it is the trial version!!!!... odd enough.

so that is why i will try to install the workstation edition on 2003, and following Clint's advice , i downloaded microsoft app toolkit and tried to emulate xp pro, but to be honest, could not do it whatsoever.

i would very much appreciate if anyone could guide me through emulating xp on 2003 by using ms app toolkit... 10x in avdance

ps. btw Rfire, have you managed to install kav on 2003 afterall????