Can anyone Recommend a router?

Cyber Axe

@]Bonkers[ - Having a good summer so far? Good work on the competition. :thumbup

[/offtopic]

Have you tried de-bricking the router? There's a guide at linksysinfo.org on how to do it (you jumper a couple of pins while turning on the router).

The Belkin Wireless Pre-N is also a good router, it has MIMO. But according to Belkin to get the maximum speed you have to use their Pre-N cards/adpaters in you computers...

A cheaper model without MIMO but absolutely stonkingly fast is the KCorp Lifestyle KLG-575.

My old Linksys BEFW11S4 still fairs reasonably and after updating the firmware today (only 3 years since I last did it!) I hope some issues will be resolved. If I spent what I did at the time again on wireless kit I could buy a LAN events worth of kit!

I'm trying to get people to look for the answers themselves... I don't like it when people get lazy...and I really really don't like having to repeat myself numerous times (especially within the same thread).

In stead of a new topic I though I would add this in here... any thoughts welcome!

My D-link 624+ router went belly up last night. Although I was happy with it I don’t think I will buy another d-link product. But they are the only people that seem to do or I can find a wireless router with a hub and printer server. The printer server would be nice as I could do away with my jet direct box, but as I have this its not essential.

I am looking at getting one of these below,

Linksys

WRT54GX

WRT54G

Dlink

DI-704UP

Has anyone else got some suggestions or real experiences with any of these products ?

thanks

If you don't mind the cost, £156 from Dabs, the Draytek Vigor2600G is very good.

My old router would tell me line had a SNR of 7-11db upline and 63-64db loop attenuation. The draytek improved them to SNR 15-19db upline and 59db loop attenuation at 1Mb. My old router would sometimes spend whole days loosing the connection, this one so far has only disconnected during storms.

Its very quick to setup, I had mine out of the box powered up and net traffic flowing in about 15minutes.

It has a firewall with DoS protection which can be set to block traffic at certain times of day. UPNP support, so Azureus works perfectly and the wireless lan can be isolated from the standard lan ports.

Best investment I've made.

Well, I flashed my Linksys WRT54G router with the 3rd party firmware, and it STILL kicks everyone off the network. Even after I reset the router and/or unplug the power then plug it back in, I STILL can't connect to the network.

It's too late to exchange it for a Netgear router...