Help in creating a batch file

jpatto

Guys

Im trying to create a batch file for the following process:

WS2003 loads up and opens Virtual Server 2005 and automatically logs in with given user credentials. Im not sure where to start - any ideas? or pointers?

Thanks

It has been a while for me on Virtural Server so forgive me if I am way off..

Virtural Server runs off the web interface.. is this what you are talking about? if so you could just add it to your trusted zone, log in and have it save the password.

I thought the same - yes your right it runs off a web interface. I did add it to the trusted zone then i entered the password to save it (even adding the option to log in as the current user) but this fails to even start VS 2005. I managed to write the script to open the site but now i just need to find a way of it saving the password or something along those lines.

Try making the username and password the same on both the computer you are logging into and the Virtual server the same, also make sure it is in the trusted zone. This should allow for pass through authentication (as long as the computer is on the same domain)

Thanks Chilifrei64. I already have the username and password set to the default and is the same as the computer. It is a domain controller (if that makes any difference) and ive also tried adding the site to the trusted zone but as soon as i select the option "automatically logon with username and password" it generates an error and will not go any further (if you need to know the error let me know as im not at the computer in question)

Thanks

Under IIS.. go to the virtual directory and go to the security tab and make sure integrated windows authentication is selected and choose the default domain.. leave realm blank

let me know if that helps.. this is what I use to help for pass through authentication for OWA on my domain clients. Maybe it uses the same method?????????

Im not sure which security tab your referring to could you give me some more info as i coudnt find anything of that name except allow anonymous access - which i seletced but that didnt allow me to log on.

thanks

err... the same tab as the anonymouse access.. if you check integrated windows and type in the default domain underneath the anonymous access area.

What security zone you have that under? Intranet or Trusted? It definately wont work in the other zones.(internet and restricted)

yes I am looking at the same screen also, however it doesnt look like it is giving you the option I am refering to.. Checking basic authentication will give you the option but then passwords are sent in clear text, you would have to run SSL which would just add a layer of complexity.

One thing I was just playing with is like say for Exchange OWA. If you have the settings that we just configured, if you access it via http://URL.com/exchange it will prompt me for a password, but if I access it via http://hostname/exchange it will pass my credentials....

If this doesnt work I may just install VS.. you got me thinking about it now.

Thanks Chili man that did it!!!! however i made the dumbest mistake :blushing: i didnt have a user that was authenticated to be logging on or logging on with current logins because that user didnt exist :angry: but thanks for your help