Guest access to reviewers hangout

phoenix_nf

My friends (Guests) and other forum members do not have access to Reviewers Hangout. I guess we should allow this, however we could disable their ability to start new or reply to posts.

Alternatively, you could move the review section so that others can read the software reviews that we post.

Good point...the way I see it..Reviewing something only makes sense if other people are going to read the review. It doesnt make sense to review something and keep the review for yourself. Keeping the review section inaccessible to general members takes away the point of having the section, doesnt it?

Nope.

Its fine just the way it is.

The reviewers/newsposters hangout is an exclusive forum for only members of that specific group. Any articles posted there, are then posted later for the public to see.

Its also used for any new proposals to be circulated and discussed among the team.

So Guest-access to that forum is not appropriate.

Hmm... that would be a bit of extreme, since many times I find that I myself dont login. I just browse forums as guest despite being member, so that i dont have to login from a hundred different places!

Plus, its almost certain that most lurkers register after some time.

And yes, I initially found the site thru google (meaning site has to be open to read for all). Then after a few days of lurking, decided to sign-up. If a guest cant see what contents are here, he wouldnt know the value of registering!

Just my 2 cents.... :)