not good not good not good...

my computer stopped booting from my hard drive, so i had to make my secondary one my master. and when i go to "My Computer" it doesn't see my windows partition on the other hard drive. i downloaded a few utilities that supposedly recovers lost partitions, but they already see the partition. i boot from the Western Digital Data Lifeguard Tools and that also shows that the partition is there...is there a way i can get the partition back?

do this,

1.turn off your pc

2. unplug ever device and card other than video and your hdd.

3.start your comp back up with just ta video card and hdd installed (also with ram and cpu you know that sort of thing, no modesm or nics or any other cd/dvd drives attacted)

4.see if it will post and boot to windows form your primary install... with the other partion to non active (the second one you made)

If not then its not a hadware conflict or at lest not a normal one meaning that your first partion is ether, A not set to active for some reason, or B corrupt.

What does XP have to do with it? Win2K will do that fine for you as well.

Can you load Win2K on the good drive to get the computer management? Troubleshooting this in Win98 would probably just be a nightmare.