Selfmade Autorun...

TrooperMan

I made another partition just for Multiboot DVD (needs about 60gb of space) that partition is the drive E:... I tried it with the "root\xppc" and it does the same thing... for now I am using WPI and all of the scripts work perfectly, but I like the appearance of this installer more... just gets frustrating...

just to give you a heads up, this disc has 2K (all OEM & RTL), 2K3 (all OEM & RTL), SMB (all OEM & RTL), XP (all OEM & RTL). The part that gets tricky is that it will make up to 40 cd's from this one disc. It makes the individual factory disc, an all in one OEM, all in one RTL, XP only OEM, XP only RTL, etc for all the os's... I have on every one of the mkiso functions tried a different way of running it and tested all of them. (I have tried literally every combination of //, /, \\, \, and anything else I could think of...

Since you are running Autorun off of the HDD, you need to temporarily add the full location of the programs. If you want a real world test, make an ISO of the folder, and mount it to a virtual optical drive.

Edited by CptMurphy

Since you are running Autorun off of the HDD, you need to temporarily add the full location of the programs. If you want a real world test, make an ISO of the folder, and mount it to a virtual optical drive.

I actually use cdimage and make my disc, then do all of my testing from it... Just to avoid any problems like that...

I actually use cdimage and make my disc, then do all of my testing from it... Just to avoid any problems like that...

Hmm, that's a wierd problem.

OK So I Finally Got It Working!

It seems that you have to use ../ not ..\\

Like I said I have tried every way I could think of and every combination of every way.

It came down to I needed 3 not 2 back slashes:

Example: mkiso:\\\Tools\\\Boot.bin:CDName:\\\Root\\\S3ER

and ironically it worked great from the hdd but doesn't work from cd... (as long as you don't put the number 2 anywhere in the path, otherwise you get a funky looking E thing...)

After reviewing my logfiles I realized that I seemed to have an issue assigning a different drive letter than what I used to store the files for cdimage.exe... So I reverse engineered the autorun.exe and found out kinda how it parsed and realized that forward slashes would work... so this is my output now:

Example: mkiso:../Tools/Boot.bin:CDName:../Root/S3ER

I also sent a PM to cptmurphy, who's been a great help in this... he was able to send me all the files over again, which is when I found that my files didn't hash to his and I had MD5 errors (including the one I downloaded from the only working link in this thread...). So I replaced my files with the new ones and VIOLA!

So just in case anyone else needs the files, I'll post up a link for ya...

:thumbupTrooperman's Autorun v2.0B8 :thumbup

Thanks to CptMurphy for the help, and you too amd64lover...

Oh, ya and gotta give lots of credit to TrooperMan for the awesome job in writing the program...

And just incase anyone was wondering, I was using PHP for everything... It's so much simpler and faster loading...

As a question for anyone out there, should one or some of us come up with a manual for this thing? It seems so simple, but can be so complex...

Edited by bordr415

first i just want to say i love this... i have been making trying to make my own autorun for 3 days in vb (i really dont know alot but took a class about it 4 years ago lol) anyways to the point of this post can some one help me with getting the create iso to work i have tried a lot of things but all i get is a popup save menu then then i click save nothing happens i dont even get any errors

This is how my dvd is setup

SETUP

-XP

--Professional

--Professional2

PRO1.DAT

PRO2.DAT

AUTORUN.EXE

CDIMAGE.exe

MENU

-INDEX.HTML

You need to post up the code for the mkiso command, as well as the code in the menu.ini file. BTW, I'm pretty sure this question has been asked a few times. Take a look through this thread for an update.

sorry forgot to add what i have tried... and i did go through the topic

mkiso:PRO1.DAT:WinXP:SETUP/Professional

mkiso:PRO1.DAT:WinXP:SETUP/Professional/

mkiso:../PRO1.DAT:WinXP:../SETUP/Professional

mkiso:../PRO1.DAT:WinXP:../SETUP//Professional

mkiso:\\\PRO1.DAT:WinXP:\\\SETUP\\\Professional

mkiso:\\PRO1.DAT:WinXP:\\SETUP\\Professional

mkiso:PRO1.DAT:WinXP:SETUP\\Professional

mkiso://PRO1.DAT:WinXP://SETUP//Professional

mkiso:PRO1.DAT:WinXP:SETUP//Professional

mkiso:..\\PRO1.DAT:WinXP:..\\SETUP\\Professional

You need to post up the code for the mkiso command, as well as the code in the menu.ini file. BTW, I'm pretty sure this question has been asked a few times. Take a look through this thread for an update.

sorry forgot to add what i have tried... and i did go through the topic

mkiso:PRO1.DAT:WinXP:SETUP/Professional

mkiso:PRO1.DAT:WinXP:SETUP/Professional/

mkiso:../PRO1.DAT:WinXP:../SETUP/Professional

mkiso:../PRO1.DAT:WinXP:../SETUP//Professional

mkiso:\\\PRO1.DAT:WinXP:\\\SETUP\\\Professional

mkiso:\\PRO1.DAT:WinXP:\\SETUP\\Professional

mkiso:PRO1.DAT:WinXP:SETUP\\Professional

mkiso://PRO1.DAT:WinXP://SETUP//Professional

mkiso:PRO1.DAT:WinXP:SETUP//Professional

mkiso:..\\PRO1.DAT:WinXP:..\\SETUP\\Professional

Are you running the test straight off the HDD?

After reviewing some of the posts, I found something that amd64 noticed... If you allow the user to change the filename it doesn't work... So I changed the menu.ini to:

[CDImage]

Path=..\Tools\CDIMAGE.EXE

FilenameByUser=0

That allowed everything to work... Here is my index.html (note: its in php)...

Everything works now, except the run command with quotes for any slash marks etc... Example: cmd /c setup.msi /qb. qb is where I need the quotes type issue...

Other than that everything is perfect!