After install XP freezes at logo but works in safe

Revo

Im using Windows XP N Corperate Edition, It works fine because I have an nlited one running on my laptop right now and is the machine im using to post. It works fine no problems. I went to format my pc and everything went as it should then when it loads the xp logo it frezes for like a second then it reboots. Its an infinte loop untill the screen pops up saying start windows normaly load last good configuration or goto safe mode I goto safe mode and it works fine even the safe mode w/ networking. I disabled some startup items and services to see if htats the problem and still the same. Any ideas, ive attached my presets to see if it helps. THanks keep up the great work nuhi i used nlite all the time :thumbup

[edit]

toook a snoop in the event viewer and it says there were non fatal errors durring setup heres the log

Error:
NetSetup: The Computer Name of this computer is set to the NetBIOS name that this computer had before the upgrade. The Computer Name is the first label of the full DNS name of this computer. Depending on the implementation and configuration of the DNS servers used in your infrastructure, this DNS name may not be added to the DNS database because the Computer Name contains the underscore character. To ensure that the DNS name of this computer can be registered in DNS, please verify that the DNS server allows host DNS names to contain the underscore character, or change the Computer Name of this computer through the Network Identification tab of System Properties. Note: the default configuration of a Windows XP DNS server allows host names to contain the underscore character.

Error:
Setup detected that the system file named [c:\windows\system32\samsrv.dll] is not signed properly
by Microsoft.  This file could not be restored to the correct Microsoft version.
Use the SFC utility to verify the integrity of the file.

Error:
Setup detected that the system file named [c:\windows\system32\winlogon.exe] is not signed properly
by Microsoft.  This file could not be restored to the correct Microsoft version.

Error:
Setup detected that the system file named [c:\windows\system32\calc.exe] is not signed properly

Error:
Setup detected that the system file named [c:\windows\system32\makecab.exe] is not signed properly

Error:
Setup detected that the system file named [c:\windows\system32\mstsc.exe] is not signed properly

Error:
Setup detected that the system file named [c:\windows\system32\mstscax.dll] is not signed properly

Warning:
The computer name "PC_MAIN" contains one or more non-standard characters.

Last_Session.ini

Edited by Revo

It's ok to use RVM pack but then it seems you lost one of the CAT files...that's why signatures couldn't be right (for files which nlite doesn't modify).

Have you repeated this, used RVM pack with nlite in one processing or RVM then nlite or vice versa ?

I had Nlite do the RVM processing for me has never failed me ever. A similar setup worked perfectly on my laptop which is why im so confuesed. Would you be able to help me the cat file or what componet not to remove in nlite? Do you think it could be ascociated with driver integration? Thanks for all the help

I had a problem like that once before, I created an install disc for both my laptop and my desktop, it worked fine on my laptop but would just reboot constantly on my desktop but would work in safe mode. The problem turned out to be that I was using a modified ntoskrnl.exe and didn't realize there was one for single processor and one for multiprocessor, I'd modified the one for single processor, hence why it worked for my laptop, but my hyperthreaded P4 in my desktop needed the multiprocessor one. Once added an if statement into my batch file to check which one to use for loading, everything worked fine for me after that.

Thanks for all the help and quick replies Nuhi. Its on the new European N version, I will give it another guy and carefuly look at componets ect. and see if I can pinpoint the prob. If its the ntskorn.exe(or what ever it was) how do I change it?

Edited by Revo

I just made another one and same thing except this time it doesnt get into safe mode =/ heres the session

[edit]

Just tried it with my original XP Pro Corp and still nothing so it has nothing to do with XP N Pro Corp. Any ideas of what it could be first time ive had a problem like this

Last_Session.ini

Edited by Revo

Just tried it again with another copy of Corp that I have did a similar but different setup and still nothing does the same thing. Im just gonna use a regular corp cd untill I can figure this thing out Ive used like 7 blanks already. If anyone figures it out Itd greatly be apreciated thanks for all the input Nuhi

• 11 months later...

Did anyone ever figure out what the problem was here? I am running into a similar issue with a corporate version of Windows, except mine won't even go into Networked Safe Mode, only Safe mode and Command Prompt Safe Mode. The rest of the description is very similar to my own problem. It gets hung up at the Windows icon screen with the loading bar.