Need Help With My Microphone !

Matty No.1

ok now i know i might have posted this in the wrong sections but i dont know if its a hardware/software problem.

anyway ive got a microsoft sidwinder game voice and ive got a problem with the microphone for seom reason it just wont work. I have double checked all the the connections are set up right and teested that the speaker work through it ect but the microphone will not work at all unless i run a hardware test on the sound card then it will work but once i finish the test it stops working. ive checked the device manager and there appears to be no confliction between anything that would disrupt the sound card so iam at a loss what to try next .....any advice would be greatly appreciated.

i dont think uve posted in the right section, but im sure a mod will move it...

anyway, ill try to help u...

go to your control panel and click on Sounds and Audio Devices, click on Voice Tab and check to see if the mic is set yo use your sound card,

if you have done that and it still doesnt work open up Volume Control and make sure nothing is muted to do with ur mic....

give me some feedback to whether ive helped u or not... :)

in the sound properties mute your microphone under the playback properties so u dont here yourself threw your speakers people will still be able to hear you but u wont hear yourself.

because if you have your speakers close to your microphone you will here a humming sound and will sound distorted.