Disable System Restore - RegTweak

Can't see that -

do you also realize that it is off during the normal day for most? When you boot each day during the first couple minutes is when it creates an RP and then its virtually off unless called. Nothing running, no resources lost and it doesn't affect anything except maybe a few seconds, during my tests I seen typicaly 10-15 seconds but that was during boot only so no one knows the wiser because it was also doing the other boot things.

I'd like to know what the devil you adding as audio that would need them 10-15 seconds, nothing I've heard I'm sure.

I also know nothing is RUNNING during that boot time so whats the point?

At the same time we don't want the user to suffer by us breaking the system restore function so it cannot be reengaged.
Ok but after the fact is not any good, it has to be running to be any good and as I said it work's in a limited mode.

Yep some even remove it with methods. Thats their problem.

PS could you understand me pointing out the problem now to all those who may believe that simply altering the disablesr value does not turn off SR?
I simply allready know that, that's why i gave you my reg stuff above to turn it off and enable it to be turned back on.

At the time I was simply looking for something to turn it off/on all drive's and I did not want someone to have to reboot to make it happen and telling me that t did not work, it does, I think with my method's you can apply them and not the script and it's off after reboot. I'd have to test that.

Edited by maxXPsoft

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks, maxXPsoft!

Here's a modified version of the script that actually works as a stand-alone .vbs file:

Set fso = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
Set lDrives = fso.drives
Set SRP = GetObject("winmgmts:\\.\root\default:SystemRestore")
For Each d In lDrives
   If d.DriveType = 2 Then SRP.disable(d.Path & "\")
Next