question for serious gamers....

spiritpyre

What I want to do is split the signal from a system and have each player's "screen" sent to a different tv instead of all being displayed on one tv -- and before you say "get a 4-way splitter" that WON'T work because it just sends the same signal to each tv. (and yes... I've had people suggest that).

Example: you have an x-box w/ halo and 4-players.

when you set it up normally on one tv, that screen is split in four.

could I send each quarter of the screen to a separate tv (like electronics stores split their signal across multiple tvs)? I've always wanted to do this, but never found any info on it. I'm guessing that I would need some kind of device that could split the signal "screen" in quarters and send each quarter to diffeerent outputs. So the end result is each player gets his/her screen on their own tv.

Any ideas/links/names? thanks

<edit> and before anybody asks I have tried to google this and maybe its my search criteria but i've never found anything.

Edited by spiritpyre

Here's something I found using google ("split tv signal into 4 quarters"):

http://kontek.net/davidwonn/4tvs.html

They don't talk about what equipment it took, but mentioned that it was about $2000.

I've never thought about doing this since most games I have are either one or two players (a few four player party games) and usually all the action is on one screen without splitting. For shooters, I won't play those on consoles, only on a PC and then each person has their own screen :)

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

sorry for the late replay been working alot lately :wacko:

anyway thanks for the input... hadn't tried that search before but yeah didn't say what they used and even then I was kinda looking for something less than $2000.... like maybe $50. :whistle:

anything else? anybody?

Edited by spiritpyre

sorry mate but it looks like it aint gonna happen for you!

to split a screen into 4 quarters is a very complicated process. (it happens that my neighbour was the main man in the group of scientists who invented the LCD and knows his stuff about monitors and light transition).

i think that $2000 equipment is the closest u gonna get to doing what you want.

to be honest, i'd just buy a very big tv......