xpized and now cant disable network connections

jivemastert

So I made an unattended windows install cd with nlite and put xpize on it. After first boot I went to disable a network adapter and it is telling me that "it is not possible to disable the connection at this time". I reinstalled xp sp2 and it fixed the problem, then i reinstalled xpize and the same problem is back! can someone else verify that they have this problem? this seems like a pretty big bug if xpize is corrupting something on the system such that you cant disable your network adapters.

edit...

just tried this on my laptop and i can confirm that it has the same problem.

edit...

just did some more testing. i tried the xpize updater and that did not work, then i tried only installing selective stuff. i left out a number of net related items as well as the crypto dll in hopes that it would solve the problem, and it did! but now ftp logins and stuff like that arent xpized... anyone know specifically which file might cause this? im leaning towards the crptography services dll since it can produce that error, or so ive read.

Edited by jivemastert

Since it works fine here too, please jivemastert try to reproduce the error and uninstall network files stuff ONE BY ONE to see what file is causing this. Also, uninstall crypto dll to see if it is the one which causes the issue. Let me know what you find. I need that file name in order to remove it or try to fix it for final.

Alright, I'll mess around with it tonight when I get home. Sucks that the whole thing works really great except for this trivial little thing. I'll post my findings here tonight.

Only thing that sucks is that I need to do it with VMWare since I don't wanna keep rebooting my main machine and removing system files. Oh well.

edit...

curious about this... what version of windows are you running for those of you that don't have this problem? I'm on XP Pro SP2 with all of the newest updates.

Edited by jivemastert

XP Pro SP2 English up to date here. No probs. Please, keep on looking for that

file.

ok, so i went through the DLLs one by one and the one that triggered the problem, is netcfgx.dll.

i did verify that removing the modifications to that dll fixes the problem.

we are on the same version of windows.

I have the Same after i had Xpize for a week it was fine..then i got this...But No problem At all, You Can disable it easly...

Just Right Click in "My Computer"->"Properities"->"Hardware"->"Device Manager"->open the "Network Adaper" thing (click on the +) find the Network device you want to disable, Right click on it->"Disable" ..that Works Nice for me..

Yours :D

yeah, i had tried that, but then my computer locked up. not sure if it was related, but id rather just disconnect it from my network connections.

is there anything UI related with that particular DLL? if not then you might not even need to include it, or perhaps a warning if someone does enable it. personally, i didnt notice any appearance difference with it enabled or disabled.