How to remove hidden programs

jpatto

The idea is that i have a Virtual Server running XP and its only used for one thing (Development) so in order to keep this PCs spec to a minimum i removed as many things possible.

1. Opened up Sysoc.inf and removed all the "hide" entries to see what i can remove to help speed up and save drive space with this PC.

2. Ive also deleted the uninstall folders found in system32 folder (after installing updates that is)

Im still looking for more to remove and was wondering if anyone has any tricks with removing unwanted items on this PC other than using nlite to remove it and start again.

ANY trick would be appreciated

Thanks

Nothings wrong with nlite - its just that i would have had to start the process from scratch i.e. reinstall the op system (after using nlite to remove programs not required) which woudl have taken ages for me. I was just looking for an easy way to remove programs without having to go through that method

Nothings wrong with nlite - its just that i would have had to start the process from scratch i.e. reinstall the op system (after using nlite to remove programs not required) which woudl have taken ages for me. I was just looking for an easy way to remove programs without having to go through that method

OK, makes sense! :) Good luck! ;)