Install XP from network using WinPE/BartPE

Grake

I have this unattended xpcd, that uses cdshell boot menu. I was wondering if I can run the exact same thing from a network drive to install xp on another computer. How can I do it so that when I install xp from network it comes up with the cdshell boot menu and uses whatever winntsif the boot menu chooses and everything. Like it would do when you install from a CD.

Thanks

ok I used BartPE network boot, and mapped the drive that was on my computer. I accessed my xp folder, went into boot folder, and typed in cdshw.com. It kinda freezes at the boot screen.

How do you guys do network installation?

Not sure if this is what you are trying to do, but I have my WinPE2005 boot from CD and pulls everything from the network the only time I have to touch it is when it asks for a machine name.

If this is what you are trying to do I can help some. Still a novice though.

You probably can't use the shell, but can make a batch file that calls something like this:

winnt32 /makelocalsource /tempdrive:C: /syspart:C: /s:%SetupFiles% /unattend:%AnswerFile%

And have the batch file to give a choice option on which sif file to use.

You probably can't use the shell, but can make a batch file that calls something like this:

winnt32 /makelocalsource /tempdrive:C: /syspart:C: /s:%SetupFiles% /unattend:%AnswerFile%

And have the batch file to give a choice option on which sif file to use.

This is exactly how I use mine...