Unnoficial Windows 95 Original Service Pack 3

mitchellovision

mitchellovision,

Um, thanks for the lesson.

But what, what, what, whaaaat? (From a Mom in Southpark.)

No, there is no NTFS in Windows Me's Ms-Dos 8.0 that reacts with fear, as if it were human, and, being hungry, eats the operating system until it crashes. It's just a file system. And Windows Me or Ms-Dos can only access it with a special program that isn't the most stable. I think sys-internals has that.

Emm386.exe is just a memory management program.

Ms-Dos 7.1 does not include a mouse. You must install a seperate mouse driver or use a GUI that comes with one, such as Windows 3.1 or 98. That prepackaged Ms-Dos 7.1 I was talking about simply was packaged with a mouse driver, or maybe not as I can't precisely recall whether I used my own for it or not.

Ha, ha, ha!

This all is a big joke, eh?

Okay. I like nice big paragraphs too, but they have to be paragraphs and not a big block of text with unrelated drivvle. (See, I learn!)

I feel kind of silly participating in this thread. I should go play games, or something.

OK...my step-bro is coming down next weekend. Fro there...I will install Windows 95 original onto my second hard drive. True...that original 95 is not used to new systems...and does not like 'em...true. Very, very true... Anyway, the first problem I have with 95 (that I have had before with a PII 850 megs) a long time ago...back in 1998...3 years after my mom bought me my original penitum 350 megs. But anyway...from what I remember reading on an internet site for PIII+...you will have a very hard time installing The original 95. This is how I would do it in the first place with 95A Boot Disk:

1) Get rid of all partitions on hard drive...and create a maximum FAT16 drive.

2) Format drive.

3) Install MS-DOS v6.22 (now 7.10 would be just a good, with more features :yes: )

4) Install The Original 95 from boot-disk or MS-DOS...doesn't matter. :whistle:

5) After installation has completed...install all motherboard drivers.

6) Install Second OS (XP, or Neptune...or 2000...or Me...or 98...or Vista, whatever...or 95B or 95C even. Those OS's will all work. ** Note this is optional

7) Reboot back to 95 original.

8) Install video drivers (if video drivers weren't meant for 95, or 95/95A...then please wait till later ;)

9) Install Sound Drivers. (again...if drivers are not compatible with all 95's...or 95/95A...please wait till later. Thnx!)

10) And that is it...for now... B)

I will continue will more options as I do more research for 95. Thanks!

But if they left EMM386.EXE. Windows Me wouldn't even boot-up, period, becuase NTFS chews up all off th power of EMM386.EXE, because it thinks it is a threat to it, so it delets it from Windows Me during first start-up of WinMe, after when it reboots, it would have crashed your whoel computer so badley, you wou;d've needed to get a new hard-drive.

LOL. How can it physically damage a hard disk drive? Are you literally saying that an EMM386 conflict can cause a hard disk drive to get damaged so that you can't even reformat it anymore?

• 2 weeks later...

The Unnoficial Windows 95 Original Service Pack also has a forum, like my Me SP. The link is right here. Thanks all. Note tyhat site is still under construction...so it will be hectic for a while to get my 3 forum sites up and runnign perfectly....my other one is called console gaming. The website will be in my forums ;) Thanks all for the nice info...and hopefully this will be sucessfull...like my Me foruma nd my console gaming forum... Like I said in my Me thread...if you act really good...i'll make you a mod. See ya's! :hello:

Note that 95 and Me SP will be created and tested in Microsoft Virtual PC

Thnx.

Edited by mitchellovision

• 6 months later...

Hi! I am very interesting in this Win95 Project. At last i have an old laptop - Toshiba Satelitte Pentium 120 Mhz with 24 MB RAM and HDD 2GB. Preinstalled with Win95. It will be nice to make some "refresh" with Win95, maybe something like CalmiraXP for Win3.1 ??

The 98SE kernel is much more stable than the 95 one and doesn't require much more in the way of CPU power and RAM. Combine it with the 95 shell and your OS is going to be excellent.