@msfn.org email address

Martin L

If MSFN offers a @msfn.org email for you for one year, what amount you willing to pay for it?  

45 members have voted

1. 1. If MSFN offers a @msfn.org email for you for one year, what amount you willing to pay for it?

• dont want to pay for it
    • 5-10 euro
    • 10-15 euro
    • 15-20 euro
    • 20-25 euro

gmail provides the best there is for free. with 2+gb

how many gigs r u guys offering? also u can get 2gig from yahoo as well for $20 yearly. and many more..

and they are trustworthy places (meaning they're out there for years and they are good at what they do.., not meaning msfn isn't trusty) and have junk/bulk filters etc.

so what will msfn.org email provide? (how many mb attachments?.etc..) other than the obvious reason msfn.org name. :D which sounds cool bc we love MSFN :thumbsup

also using an email account for 1 year.... is just dumb. it could only be used for junk emails stuff.. u give your email to all your contacts and 1 year later they can't reach u?

maybe "willing to pay per year" would most likely to fit. if thats what u're willing to offer..

I've been hanging around here for a year now. I would be willing to purchase a mail box. I spend more time at MSFN than I do anywhere else, so I would be just as well off checking my email here. Home is where you put up a mailbox.

What is the big deal about the amount of storage an email server would have for you? It would seem to me that 2 Gigs of space would be nothing for the most part on a HDD but 2 Gigs x 100 or 200 accounts gets to be a significant number. Just a question. I have seen where different companies advertise so much space and it never made much sense to me. The only part I could see being important would be if someone were to send you a large file attachment and there were a limit on email size.

Could you have one account and two mailboxes? Such as one for DL (me) and another that I might want in another name?

Filtering would be good.

Good idea Martin. :thumbup

DL

What is the big deal about the amount of storage an email server would have for you?

it would have a very significant importance when ppl send u attachments! maybe u don't get any attachments but many ppl when they had 2mb inboxes with yahoo/hotmail etc was not really able to get any mails after they inbox was full, it'd bounce! so they were never able to store much and when they stored, their emails bounced.

i don't really care about the storage since i use pop3 to store my stuff on my comp. so just pointing out the importance of storage!

@XtremeMaC, Gotcha. I was thinking in terms of it being for storage space only. You are correct. I only get attachements that are 500 KB max., so I wouldn't notice anything getting bounced.

DL

I chose 'don't want to pay for it'. Not that the service doesn't hold a value. I have too many email accounts as it is. The poll was a waste though. It got me to donate $20USD (too lazy to convert that into Euros) :) .