Win98 SE Service/Revolutions Packs

Hi all

Why you programers who is working on Win98 SE Service/Revolutions Packs doesn't make something like that for Windows 2000. It is very strong OS and you can make it better yet. You can improve it's look and functionality, make it closer to XP but faster and more stable than XP :) Windows 98 SE is history.

You are doing great work, thanks!

I think you confuse two very different things : Gape's pack and Tihy's Pack.

Gape's 98SE Unnofficial Service Pack is something that should have done by Microsoft itself as they have done 4 times with Windows 2000. It is a cumulated update to the OS which Microsoft didn't want to do themselves for some reasons they know better than me. All the files Gape's pack contain are legally freely redistributable.

Tihy's Revolution Pack is a, so far buggy, attempt at incorporating some of the XP features into the 98SE OS by hacking and transplanting into it some non freely redistributable files of a later OS. Albeit intrisically interesting, it has no future according to me.

I think you confuse two very different things : Gape's pack and Tihy's Pack.

Gape's 98SE Unnofficial Service Pack is something that should have done by Microsoft itself as they have done 4 times with Windows 2000. It is a cumulated update to the OS which Microsoft didn't want to do themselves for some reasons they know better than me. All the files Gape's pack contain are legally freely redistributable.

Tihy's Revolution Pack is a, so far buggy, attempt at incorporating some of the XP features into the 98SE OS by hacking and transplanting into it some non freely redistributable files of a later OS. Albeit intrisically interesting, it has no future according to me.

No it is not confusion...

I know Win98 SE SP is legal but is not only bunch of updates. It contains some fine tweaks originally released for Win2000...

Revolution Pack is also fine.

The question was for both authors (author of Revolution pack and author of unofficial sp for Win98 SE) if they are plannig to make something similar for Windows 2000?

Thanks for reply anyway ;)

I know Win98 SE SP is legal but is not only bunch of updates. It contains some fine tweaks originally released for Win2000...
There is one color scheme. Not what I would call a tweak. Additionally I think, no one wants Gape to add tweaks to his pack because they like for what it is. A solid and (almost) complete update to 98SE.
The question was for both authors (author of Revolution pack and author of unofficial sp for Win98 SE) if they are plannig to make something similar for Windows 2000?

Thanks for reply anyway

Well, they have a specific stickie thread each, in which you can post to ask your question. If you were posting at the right place I wouldn't be giving you my unwanted answers.

Edited by eidenk

There is one color scheme. Not what I would call a tweak. Additionally I think, no one wants Gape to add tweaks to his pack because they like for what it is. A solid and (almost) complete update to 98SE.

Thanks for reply anyway

Well, they have a specific stickie thread each, in which you can post to ask your question. If you were posting at the right place I wouldn't be giving you my unwanted answers.

Your posts are not unwanted ;)