Recovery console with Unattended CD

Hello.

I have making differents CD with XP Unattended. But with each version unattended, when i boot with the unattended CD, i can't execute recovery console.

If i make a bootable CD without the files necessary for the unattended, the CD give me the recovery console option :blushing::blushing:

Have you an explication and a solution ?

Thanks

I386\COMPDATA

I386\WIN9XUPG

You cannnot delete those if you want recovery console.

Add to Runoncex.cmd like this

Color 0A
@echo off
SET KEY=HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnceEx

REG ADD %KEY% /V TITLE /D "UnattendXP - Installing Applications" /f
REG ADD %KEY% /v Flags /t REG_DWORD /d "20" /f

REM       Adding Recovery Console
REG ADD %KEY%\1005 /VE /D "Recovery Console Installing" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\1005 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\Install\Recovery.cmd" /f

and

Recovery.cmd

@echo off
FOR %%d IN (c: d: e: f: g: h: i: j: k: l: m: n: o: p: q: r: s: t: u: v: w: x: y: z:) DO IF EXIST %%d\WIN51 SET CDROM=%%d
%CDROM%\i386\winnt32.exe /cmdcons /unattend
Exit

EDIT: Thats my layout and it works

Edited by maxXPsoft

Novi I edited it so look again

This is the simple method and it works. If you have your I-net connected when you do this it will go out and try to update. Me I choose to disconnect the Lan when I'm installing.

Edited by maxXPsoft

Nothing is deleting in folder i386...

With the same unattended CD XP PRO:

1) When I boot with the CD, many drivers are loading then the install look after previous versions installed then ask me to suppress the partition or create a new, etc...

2) On a floppy disk, i create a file the the name "winnt.sif" with a null size. I put this floppy disk in the floppy drive.

I boot with the exactly same CD of the point 1.

Like in point 1, many drivers are loading then i obtain a window in French:

"Installation of Windows XP Pro

Welcome !

For install Windows XP now, press Enter key.

For repare ou recover an installation of Windows XP, press "R" key.

For quit the program of installation without install Windows XP, press F3 key."

Thus, with this window i can use the recovery console.

If i press Enter key, the next window is the license window, then after press the F8 key, the install software look after previous versions installed...

So, i think that the solution with the runoncex.cmd is not good... Perhaps, I am mistaken... :blushing:

I have making differents CD with XP Unattended. But with each version unattended, when i boot with the unattended CD, i can't execute recovery console.

Sure you can boot it from the CD.

Just press F10 when you are prompted to press F6 to load third party device drivers. It will take you directly to the recovery console after the storage drivers are loaded.

Sure you can boot it from the CD.

Just press F10 when you are prompted to press F6 to load third party device drivers. It will take you directly to the recovery console after the storage drivers are loaded.

Sure i can boot it. Have you read my second explication form saturday at 06:12? PM... ;)

After the logic to click on "Start" button to stop Windows XP...

This is the press F10 key during the message "Press F6..." :wacko:

Thank you very much Bill Gates for the logical principe

Thank you to you Buletov for your explication... :hello: It works very well :thumbup

(I must reduce the numbers of emoticons to post this answer... So, i reduce the numbers of thumbup... :blushing: )...

• 1 month later...
Novi I edited it so look again

This is the simple method and it works. If you have your I-net connected when you do this it will go out and try to update. Me I choose to disconnect the Lan when I'm installing.

It seems one might be able to use "/dudisable" to stop that pesky "Dynamic Updates" feature.

(Thanks for the tips on getting this to work ;))