Installing XP problems

Dee dee's lab

You should just be able to run smartdrv.exe as a separate program before you run the winnt.exe program. And yes, without running it, it will take an eternity to copy files from a CD!! Do a Google search about your himem error. :w00t:

for now lets forget smart drive. You need to format the HD. Use the boot floppy from 98-boot off this choose minimum boot option-type fdisk at the a> prompt

choose use large files then select yes evertime it ask you- go to the option to delete primary partition-then creat primary partition-now you are ready to format

reboot with floppy in tray

choose the option without disk support

(type) format c: hit return

answer yes to everything it ask you let it format to fat 32

after format put in xp cd and reboot-then install

fat64...i already solved it..i have installed windows xp at last on myold notebook..hehe...i copied i386 folder on my hard disk and do the installation using windows98 floppy with smartdrv.exe on it...i restarted my win 98 to dos mode and run smartdrv and installation goes on..yahoo!!!!

fat64...i already solved it..i have installed windows xp at last on myold notebook..hehe...i copied i386 folder on my hard disk and do the installation using windows98 floppy with smartdrv.exe on it...i restarted my win 98 to dos mode and run smartdrv and installation goes on..yahoo!!!! thanks 2 u all...now my old notebook looks new and refreshed...