Installing XP problems

Dee dee's lab

Who said anything about running "setup.exe", in DOS mode you need to run "d:\i386\winnt.exe". Also, 64Mb is the minimum RAM required for XP, and I think the installation WILL fail anyway! :w00t:

Who said anything about running "setup.exe", in DOS mode you need to run "d:\i386\winnt.exe". Also, 64Mb is the minimum RAM required for XP, and I think the installation WILL fail anyway!  :w00t:

i have used nlite to disable the memory checking. I also have one desktop with 32mb on it and i have installed xp os the other day. it is running smoothly and ok.

r u kidding? xp runs smoothly on 32mb ram machine????? i have my xp nlited(180mb iso) and i run it on an athlon 64 machine with 1 gb ram and sometimes still runs slow......

Edited by boooggy

r u kidding? xp runs smoothly on 32mb ram machine?????  i have my xp nlited(180mb iso) and i run it on an athlon 64 machine with 1 gb ram and sometimes still runs slow......

yeah..'coz i didn't install anything on it..not even office. a start-up it is a little slow but once it is finish, i can open the internet very fast.

i suggest you get the xp boot floppys from microsoft, its either 5 or 6 floppys in total, that will sort it, make sure u get right 1 though, whether it be 4 xp home or xp pro, cheers here you go, you will see them half way down that page, http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=310994 they for a unbootable cdrom

Edited by trickytwista

i suggest you get the xp boot floppys from microsoft, its either 5 or 6 floppys in total, that will sort it, make  sure u get right 1 though, whether it be 4 xp home or xp pro,  cheers              here you go, you will see them half way down that page,      http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=310994            they for a unbootable cdrom

yeah...thanks i already downloaded the 6 floopies and i will try it now! give u gusy update if i installed xp or still not. :)

AFAIK there is no such thing as FAT64. The Table would be just too big! FAT32 isn't fully implemented as the Tables would be 16Gb (x2 because there is a backup FAT, so actually 32Gb, I think Windows only uses 19 bits of the possible maximum of 32. :w00t: