Installing XP problems

Dee dee's lab

so it can be the reuirements of ure laptop, try to see if it meets the xp requrirements and also in the hardwre side, i think xp is having conflits with ure notebook integrated hardwares. well just check these but i dont know myslf. thanks. :w00t:

i really tried it. it was installing but after rebooting by cd rom is not recognize. do somebody know what are the other ways of installing windows xp? i have one floppy which is bootdisk of xp..it has there mscdex file which i'm using before I installed windows 98...i need this...i'm frustrated..

XP needs 4-5 floppy boot disks, however you can use a 98 boot disk. Boot with CD-ROM support, format your hard drive.

Note: make sure your boot disk has a program called "smartdrv.exe" and run that before you install XP, otherwise you will be too old to use your computer when it finally finishes copying files from the CD!!

Run d:\i386\winnt.exe

(assuming d is your CD-ROM drive letter)

That should install XP. Convert the hard drive to NTFS! :w00t:

Edited by FAT64

no it is not broke. I think this is the problem. I'm using a pcmcia card, i'm not directly connected to my laptop. I think when the installation reboot, he cannot recognize my cd rom anymore. same thing happened to me when i installed windows 98se before. i reformatted my disk and my cd-rom is not receognize so i have to get the mscdex.exe file before i can use my computer. but installing xp is different from 98 'coz xp cannot be run setup.exe in dos mode. what shall i do?