VMWare...what a piece of junk!

Clint

HAHA, what a joke...did finally had a go at vmware....man, only 4gb as a systemdrive!

What were they thinking?

And sloooooow, only thing that piece of s*** has that is something is the snapshotfunction....I have read that you actually has to use ghost to mirror an system install to a bigger disk that is made in the app...turn it off and boot in ghost...and jadda jadda jadda...4GB!!!

what can you do with that? :blink:

out it goes, back to VPC.. :realmad:

I've got a 10Gb system drive and a 6Gb data drive for my VMWare machine, just make yourself a bigger drive and don't used the defualts which I admit are pittifully small. I find it much quicker than VPC, by about 20mins on a full-unatteneded XP + APPS install test run.

As for the sanpshot I never used it so can't comment

Edited by rikgale

Aweeee!! ..man, do I feel stupid..just a matter of go custom..(as I usually allways do)

And I have burned an hour on imaging and whatnot... :lol:

This is what you get when not sleeping for a couple of days.... :whistle:

But, as for the speed...my latest build of that XP mini install in about 4 min on VPC...when tried on VMWare this morning it took 7min...but then again, I surely missed something coz of that lack of proper sleep...I'm at it again now...with a 10gb sysdisk ;)

4 min and 7 min on either is pretty **** quick! What the hell are you running your v-machines on? Just XP (nlite, RyanVM and BTS ~320Mb) takes about 10 - 12 mins on VMWare and 20+min on VPC, when doing a full install (above plus all apps) takes about 20mins on VMWare and forever on VPC. This is all on my main setup as spec'ed below.

4 min and 7 min on either is pretty **** quick! What the hell are you running your v-machines on? Just XP (nlite, RyanVM and BTS ~320Mb) takes about 10 - 12 mins on VMWare and 20+min on VPC, when doing a full install (above plus all apps) takes about 20mins on VMWare and forever on VPC. This is all on my main setup as spec'ed below.

Oh, guess I spilled some of that coffee I have been drinking this last coupla days on that

install... :lol:

Nah, mine is a "barebones"...kinda.

not that much to copy over and install...73mb.

footprint looks like this:

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?act=At...pe=post&id=7936

can't really compare with a fullblown install ofcourse.. :)

I love VMWare... I use a systemdisk of 20GB, just due to that I have the sapce 4 it... :thumbup

@Clint:

U must have gotten bored one day, huh? Nice XP EXTREMLY LITE EDITION... I wonder if it can go smaller? Be Back Later.... Im gonna try... lol B)

I used to test my ISOs on VPC but it's **** slow like a turtle . it's great regarding the Format System which already you can format you HDD at the System you want ; NTFS or FAT#2

while VMware is for sure it's faster becos it takes alot ram 192, and you have to format you HDD each time you want to test UA ISO from the scratch

I meaning the Virtual HDD not the real :P

another thing that VPC not any more on developing

Well, I don't know..it must be something that doesn't match in my system...I'm installing XP Embedded database now and it is slooooow.....and has hanged two times already...also had to disable speedfan..maybe a low level hardware conflict?

..as I'm typing it hangs yet again..it just will not accept sp2...****! :realmad:

I have assigned 400mb in memory, that should be enuff one would think...

EDIT:

well, it turns out that the installer starts at 20mb and then eats up to 400...clearly something aint right here...will try VPC and see how much it pulls there..

Edited by Clint