Power Pack or summat else ?

Carmon

heya all i got the most confusing problem eva atm on my PC

few days ago my PC kept stoppin and when i restarted it wudnt switch bk on for a long period of time and kept doing this all the time when it work i get to the desktop move the mouse then crash again after this carried on i decided to go thru my PC cleanin it all bit by bit i came to my Power Pack which was Covered in dust so i clean whole thing inside and out. i plugged all my PC bk in except my Neon lights and stuff ( Save my messing around if didnt work ) switch on and worked like a Charm worked all nite long no faluts but this morning it did a lil crash on me so i restarted so i decided since it works ill put my neon light and fans bk in soo i did that a switch on the PC wudnt switch on again :blink: i just dont know wat it cud be my idea is that Power Pack getting old and dusnt have the power to Run the neons and stuff or summat else thats causing it . any idea i wud but helpful! :D cheers in advance

Carmon

By 'Power Pack', do you mean PSU? I have seen where if the PSU is failing, you can have problems like you are having. There is another thread recently on the same topic. You said that after cleaning and unplugging stuff, then running it all again without the neon lights, all was well. The when you plugged the neon back in, you had problems again. You might have answered your own problem. Correct me if I am wrong.

DL

he does mean the power supply, hes from england and they have different words for stuf then over here in the US

its is ur psu tho, if u unplugged ur neon's from it and it worked way better then that probably it. i would try to really clean it out first, get some compressed air in a can and clean it good. if that doesnt work then just get a new psu.

ya ur right. ive done a few of them and usually end up with 300-350 for a pretty good gaming comp, just try to make a good gaming comp on the calc, make it amd with a 6800 and all of the regular peripherals. you would never even get a 400watt psu for a comp like that although the calc says thats plenty