Zone Alarm Pro

Redcloud

I upgraded my Zone Alarm Pro from Version 5.5 to the newest version 6.0. It now includes Anti-Spyware and firewall.

I had no problems with the previous version, but now when I try to connect to my Outlook Express server, I get the following error message:

Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Account: 'pop3.xxx.com', Server: 'pop3.xxx.com', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10053, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F

When I shut down Zone Alarm, I have no problems connecting.

I have Webroot SpySweeper, and Norton Anti-Virus. Could there be a conflict with the either of the two programs with Zone Alarm?

Any suggestions?

:}

I had some bizare problems after the upgrade (couldn't run any program without using the second login, which was same as user logged in), turning of the smartdefense resolved that.

Also turned off that spyware thing as is useless compared to dedicated products.

A clean install will solve your problems better as well.

Wish they would leave it alone to do its primary task, firewall and not add gimmicks.

O.K., I got the answer through tech support. I had a corrupted file in my C:\Windows/Internet Logs folder. This prevented Zone Alarms True Vector Service from performing properly. Went into safe mode and deleted these files. ;)

I think my Webroot Spyware had something to do with that. It stalls the installation and asks if it is O.K. to install the application. I think during the stall a file got corrupted. Need to remember to disable Webroot Spyware during installation.

Edited by Redcloud