adding picture to boot screen?

using a resorce hacker(reshacker) just pop open your kernal normaly called ntkrnpa.exe and image 1 should be just blacknes add your logo here anywere you want then save it in and vola be warned tho this could make a unbootable systam as i have not tryed the proces myself

Bah... you guys both have it wrong!!! It depends on the type of processor you have.

@hakeem5454 - Go get BootSkin from StarDock (it's freeware). You can create your own custom bootskin without running the risk of turning your system into a brick. If anything goes wrong, you can always boot into safe mode and disable the BootSkin.

ok one problem with this bootskin thing.......i want to ADD a pic to the original bootscreen this programs tellin me to make a new one?

and even when i tryed getting the original bootskin file from ntkrnpa.exe from system32, i found out i dont even have a system 32? :no: now what?

Wha...? If your system is telling you the system32 folder doesn't exist then you've got big problems buddy...

To help you out on this... download this bootskin just for example's sake. Go to the C:\Program Files\StarDock\WinCustomize\BootSkin\Skins\SnowLaden\ folder and open up the bootskin.ini file. You'll be able to see how the general layout of the bootskin works.

If you want to add another image in there, you'll probably have to add it to the background image and use that as your bootskin. (Take the default background or whatever other background, open in an editor, add new image, save, use in bootskin)