Slipstreaming into an OEM version of O2k3

snag

• 2 months later...

I have an academic version. The single disk with word, excel, etc.. It's got the 30 day trial wrtten all over it.

I used this guide unattend no admin install

everything worked fine, well almost. I slipstreamed sp2 and created a silent install. When I tried the silent install it would just roll back without any message. I then tried a silent install of just office2k3 on my installed windows and created a log file for the install. I couldn't make much out of the log file though, I don't have enough knowledge yet.

I think my problem was in one of the .msi files or I messed up when I created the mst file-- basically changed something I shouldn't have (If you follow the guides you will understand what I mean).

Here is how I created mine:

1. followed guide from link given above to create slipstreamed sp2

2. followed msfn guide to create silent install

If you search this forum, there is a thread about hacking an msi file to enable admin install (The person who psoted this warns about breaking the EULA), I don't have time to find it now, there is another for performing the silent install and creating a log file.

Lastly I should add, I was able to manually install the slipstreamed version...for what it's worth.

Edited by FaceMouth