Group Polices not applying

nivst

I've set up a new W2k3 domain on an IBM xSeries. I have one desktop computer and 20 laptops, all running XP.

I've created OU's for the users and the computer and defined GP for each, the problem is that the policies just don't run.

I've even gone through an AD Infastracture book from MS Press we have and saw that I've done everything as I should've.

I've wasted more than 10 hours trying to work it out without success.

As of now I'm wasting a lot of time settings things up manualy on the workstations and I'd love to shorten the proccess through GPs.

Help would be much appreciated.

Are the users and computers in different OU's or the Same (should be different)?

Did you apply any security filtering or WMI Filtering?

Did you download the group policy management console for 2k3 server?

Did you apply it to Authenticated Users?

Did you run a gpupdate /force on the machine?

Was the policy assigned to an OU or a site?

Also please explain how you set it up

IE.. Added users to Management OU

Applied group policy to Management OU and security filtering for Authenticated users..blah blah blah

you know.

Well, the computers and users are in diff. OU's with diff. GP, and no, i didn't use any security filters.

I didn't download the GP management console, i'm just using the exsiting add in for GP editing.

I've triple checked the premission on both OU's and they seem to be fine and as they should be.

Haven't tried the gpupdate/force yet, will give it a try.

As to how I set it up..

Created OU's for Computer and for Users.

Added new computers/users

Created a new policy for each ou and disabled the unneccesary part (IE, no user config for the computer ou).

This is the first time I've attempted to do this kind of thing, so I started off with a bit of logic and ended up with this dead end :)

Thanks for the quick response, and I'll give all those things a double check on sunday when I'm back at the office.

That is something I can't do, it's an isolated network without any connection to the outside, furthermore, I can't "add" any program from the outside.

Is this tool available from the MSDN?