Here's some shell extensions...

• 4 weeks later...

D:< the link to the Hidden Files Toggle doesnt work

I just tested it and didn't have any problems from my end...maybe the server was down before. Anyway, I noticed that I had forgot to update the first post with the new links so thats been fixed now too.

Hi guys - I'm running a slipstreamed (and NLite'd) version of Windows that comes with SpiritPyre's Select All, File Extension Toggle, Hidden Files Toggle and Browser Back pre-installed (ie. slipstreamed). I want to remove the current versions and put the latest ones in, but I can't seem to find the DLL's, which seems to imply they've been renamed to suit the installation. Any suggestions for a manual uninstall, including the registry entries? Your assistance would be GREATLY appreciated!

• 3 months later...

I've just tested out these excellent shell extensions on my Win2k setup. They work fine, but the Sub-menu pack menu item appears at the very bottom of my context menu (below 'Properties') rather than in the position shown in the screenshot on the first post of this thread.

Is there any way to fix this, or manually reposition the menu entry?

Thanks.

post-115977-1214969548_thumb.png

Edited by Quisquose

Hi guys - I'm running a slipstreamed (and NLite'd) version of Windows that comes with SpiritPyre's Select All, File Extension Toggle, Hidden Files Toggle and Browser Back pre-installed (ie. slipstreamed). I want to remove the current versions and put the latest ones in, but I can't seem to find the DLL's, which seems to imply they've been renamed to suit the installation. Any suggestions for a manual uninstall, including the registry entries? Your assistance would be GREATLY appreciated!

Kinda late answer but I put them in the system32\shellext directory.

I've just tried a couple more of the extensions (I'm loving the check mark on the new Hidden Files Toggle menu, by the way) :) but these recent additions have also gone to the bottom of my context menu!

I installed the Select All item last, but strangely it went into the second-to-last position rather than at the very bottom like previous two extensions did.

Is there a means by which the Registry determines where to insert an item into the context menu?

post-115977-1214972468_thumb.png

Edited by Quisquose

Kinda late answer but I put them in the system32\shellext directory.

Yeah - found it and sorted it out :) Thanks!

I don't where I found this link but I found it here somewhere: http://arniworld.de/downloads.htm, and I stumbled upon of the greatest extensions to Windows Explorer: The AWXTOOLBAR.

See image.

post-25917-1215051420_thumb.png

This is one of those, I can't believe I needed this all along!

You see the notepad icon right next to the open menu? Well, that nifty icon will open notepad if no file is selected. If you select a file (.txt, .doc, .log, .xml etc), then it will open that file in notepad. Of course, .doc files will be garbled up.

And the icon before the open menu - that's a "Create New Folder" icon, the one that Windows has been missing in the toolbar all this time.

Edited by spacesurfer

• 1 month later...

Hello I have a problem installing HiddenToggle on to another machine

when I install by exe nothing change after finish installation, then I tried install manually by putting dll in system32 folder and type "regsvr32 c:\windows\system32\xxxx.dll" and i got this error says

DllRegisterServer dll failed. Return code was: 0x8007007e

any helps ?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I can't seem to download spiritpyre's extentions from his latest site.

It seems like the site is closed during the mid-semester break?

Is there an alternate site?

Edit I managed to download these at the Wifi hotspot at the railway station at the airport, so it seems that my isp is doing strange things.

Edited by os2fan2

• 4 weeks later...

im looking for a

open with notepad

and reshack shell extentions

edit

ok i created a shell extension for reshack

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shell\reshack]
@="Reshack"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shell\reshack\command]
@="\"C:\\Program Files\\reshack\\ResHacker.exe\" \"%1\""