Here's some shell extensions...

Hey spiritpyre.

The handy dll @ the bottom of this page http://www.cognitive-software.com/shlext.php places a tick beside enabled attributes in the context menu.  Would it B possible 2 incoporate these ticks with the "hidden files" & "extension" context menu items?

Thanx again.

I'll try to look into it when I get a chance. right now school's been picking up and when I get time I've been trying to improve/finish/add to the SubMenu Pack extension.

I've been going over its string parsing routine trying to make it more flexible, I'm working on a separate app that you can use to import the commands & (optionally parameters) without having to deal with the registry/settings file, and then i need to recode my previous extensions as windowless .exe's...:w00t: ...the main reason for all of this being to extend windows without cluttering up my menu lol

btw would you be able to post a (cropped) screenshot of the menu? I'm not really sure what you mean by tick and the link didn't show any screens... I'm assuming its a bitmap/icon or something like that, right? (if so I think it should be do-able, but I just want to make sure) thanks.

Edited by spiritpyre

Wildcard selection shell extension (by Matthijs Hollemans)    here

- adds "Select..." to all context menu which will bring up a dialog box where you can you dos-like wildcards in your search criteria (i.e. "h*.gif" or "*.g*" etc) and it will select the results

OK... sites that don't let you download without signing up already suck huge ones, but the signup form doesn't even work. :angry:

@ skywalka: thanks for the screen. right now i'm still putting all my programming time into the SubMenu extension, so don't expect anything rigth away... but I'll see if i can't add that when i get time. :D

@ HyperHacker: yeah, I didn't like that either when i first found them, but i never had any problem signing up. sorry its not working, did you try sending them an email about it? codeprojects has a lot of cool stuff -- even if you're not interested in their coding articles, there are lots of FREE tools and demos.

anyways, quite a few of their articles have come in very handy for helping figure out how to accomplish some bast***ly programming trick or another.

Edited by spiritpyre

• 3 weeks later...

http://www.mlin.net/misc.shtml

StartupSelector

StartupSelector will save or load the Windows configuration data that causes programs to run at system startup. This allows you to easily switch between multiple startup configurations, for a myriad of potential purposes.

PathCopyEx

A very simple shell extension that copies the text path of any file/folder in Explorer to the clipboard. Saves a bit of time on all those annoying Browse for Folder windows!

RegSvrEx

A shell extension that provides convenient and quick registration for ActiveX DLLs and OCXs. A great tool for ActiveX developers - much more convenient than regsvr32!

RdocEx

A nifty shell add-on that adds the programs you run as well as the documents you open to your Recent Documents menu.

StartXplorer

Mirrors a directory with shortcuts. Allows you to create a kind of Explorer in your Start Menu. This is neat for building a shortcut mirror of your MP3 subdirectory in the Start Menu - you can play MP3s just as if you were starting a program.

Taskbar Commander

Only for the most eccentric of Windows users - lets you control the order that buttons appear on your taskbar. Alphabetize them, etc. Requires IE4+ with shell integration.

Insert ToggleKey

Ever accidentally turn on overtype, and as a result typed over half a sentence? ITK sounds a tone whenever you press Insert.

MLHotKey

Assign an activation hotkey to any top-level window - press the hotkey, and that window is instantly activated.

WindowSizer

Sets a given window to an exact size in pixels. Useful for web developers who want to see what their site will look like at various resolutions.

That's so cool , thanks a lot spiritpyre

but how can i rename the menu in context

eg. i want to see "Hide/ Show Hidden Files" instead of "Hidden Files Toggle"

also do you know how to rename "Send to" in context (as well)

thanks so much ^_^