HTPC - 2 Monitors

I have a PC which I use both as a HTPC, and as a regular PC. Connected to my video card (ATI Catalyst), I have my TV (32") through S-Video, and a Monitor (17") through the reg. monitor port.

I have my HTPC program (Meedio) set up to open and run on the TV (primary monitor), but NOT on the ComputerMonitor (secondary monitor). I want the ComputerMonitor to only display the desktop (and whatever else I decide to open).

Is there some kind of regtweak to make all apps, by default, open on the secondary monitor (the extended desktop)?

:realmad: First thing you may have better luck posting this in a different forum area such as windows tips n' tweaks.

B) I think what you are trying to do is not totally impossible I know that you can set them manually by opening the application then moving it to the 2nd monitor and closing it for most applications this creates a registry setting that will open it on that monitor from then on unless you pull it back to the primary monitor and close it there. Another thing that you can do is change you 2nd monitor to be your primary monitor and then move the taskbar from being on the TV to the monitor on your desk you can achieve this by unlocking the taskbar and dragging it to where you want it to be then all your applications by default will open on the TV. I remember playing with a program that I think ATI puts out that you assign what Monitor you want the application to be native.

Why do you need the TV to be the primary? If you made the monitor primary everything would open in it; that's basically the point of having a primary and secondary.

I'm sure it would be easier to get Meedio to run on the secondary then to get every one of your other programs to do so.

Edited by Achdine

Why do you need the TV to be the primary?  If you made the monitor primary everything would open in it; that's basically the point of having a primary and secondary.

I'm sure it would be easier to get Meedio to run on the secondary then to get every one of your other programs to do so.

Yeah, this ended up being my solution. At first I was told it was impossible, but a way was found. :blushing::thumbup