[request] 32-bit uxtheme patch for XP x64 Edition

Darth_Vader

ALL

I have already asked in the topic Windows XP x64 Edition Uxthemes Patched, but the answers was silence, and neither a working site nor any binaries are available for download following the links posted there.

I've got instead the so-called "Universal Uxtheme Patcher, Neowin Edition v.4.0" and it has successfully replaced the 64-bit uxtheme.dll in \System32, but the 32-bit one was left untouched, therefore any 3rd party stile can only B applied 2 the 64-bit explorer shell (e.g. taskbar, explorer windows etc.), control panel applets and some 64-bit system wizards and other interface windows, but any 32-bit apps are still "nude" and ugly, with no style applied 2 them.

I tried 2 use 32-bit uxtheme.dll from fully 32-bit edition of Server 2K3 SP1 (having exactly the same build number), put in to \SysWOW64 replacing original one (from another OS. SFC/WFP was turned OFF yet in the distribution source, and the source itself is unavailable to the OS, the dll cache is set to 0 size and empty). No good.

Please help.

• 1 month later...

Please go here. The forums may also give you the answer you seek.

I found a x64 uxtheme.dll patcher works. :)

Its called 'UXTheme Multi-Patcher (Neowin Edition) 4.0' which sounds the same as yours and it is in the downloads section.

I'm not sure why you have a problem with x32 stuff maybe you need to disable windows file protection or maybe you need to patch both OS'es ie.x32 & x64 seperately.

This is how my system is setup. I have a multiboot system x32 and x64. I had already patched my x32 OS long before x64 was installed. I then installed x64 and ran the patcher on that version. I now have two nice themed OS'es with none of the trouble you mention. Sorry I couldn't be of anymore help.

Edit-I have only tried 64 bit theme's on my x64 OS I don't think x32 themes would work. However I have installed a x64 theme on my x32 OS with no trouble at all. :D The 64 bit 'sustenance' theme is fantastic. I found it on PlanetAMD64. :)

Edited by john0452

I found this batch file:

@echo off
echo "Deleting Old Backups & DLLCache"
del /q %windir%\system32\dllcache\*.*
del /q %windir%\system32\uxtheme.bak
del /q %windir%\sysWOW64\uxtheme.bak

echo "Renaming old uxtheme.dll to uxtheme.bak"
move %windir%\system32\uxtheme.dll %windir%\system32\uxtheme.bak
move %windir%\sysWOW64\uxtheme.dll %windir%\sysWOW64\uxtheme.bak

echo "Copying replacement uxtheme.dll"
copy System32\uxtheme.dll %windir%\system32
copy SysWOW64\uxtheme.dll %windir%\sysWOW64
echo "You may now reboot!"

Run this from a folder containing both System32 & SysWOW64 versions of the uxtheme.dll in folders named System32 & SysWOW64 from a safe mode logon and it will do the job for you. :)

Glad to hear nLite has come through, again. :)