Little Story

What was the reason that Ebay ended the auction what evidence did the have?

They have some anti-account-hijacking-system. My account was HiJacked a couple of months ago.

I tried to log in one day and my password didn't work, I browsed through my items for sale and there were 3 items I had listed previously with higher prices.

My email address had been changed aswell so if I used the 'forgotten password' feature it just emailed it back to the HiJacker.

I contacted eBay and told them the problem. They emailed back saying they had noticed something suspicious but in the meantime they had cancelled the items listed within the last 24hours, reset the email address and password.

I think it was pretty good service.

I didn't get any other information than the Email I got from eBay. The Sellers had excellent 100% positive feedback

Yesterday, there was 9 of these monitors at 599$ USD + shipping... I wonder if it was another scam.

If it's a HiJacked account from someone who has good feedback there is nothing you can do.

If they Buy It Now price is ridiculously cheap then there is bound to be something fishy.

I bought something off a seller with 100% positive feedback, item hadn't come after 2 weeks, I checked his feedback again and he had several new negatives left by people who had bought the same item a week before me complaining that it hadn't been delivered.

I have filed a complaint with PayPal, but the seller has now left eBay(after leaving me good feedback - Weird) and I don't think PayPAl will be able to do anything. I am just glad it was only £3!

99% of sellers are reliable though, so you have to either take the risk or not. This is the second time I have had a problem with this sort of thing.

The first time was a HiJacked account about 4 years ago. I bid on a phone that was quite cheap and received an email from the seller saying that I could have 20 of the phones for £1500 or something like that. It worked out cheap and we decided we could sell them and get a bout £500 profit from it if it worked. So we accepted it.

The guy said he wanted us to pay him with western union, we did that and he emailed a scan of a 'proof of delivery' from FedEx. It never came, the tracking number was invalid.

Since that time eBay have all their warnings not to pay with western union.

What can you do? :(

Edited by ABEO

Just a few years ago, several friends of mine had their accounts at PayPal closed and the money confiscated by PayPal.....the reason they claimed was suspected money laundering. NOTHING could have been further from the truth.

eGold also is corrupt. I had an account there, till one day I went in to check my balance and it was GONE. Trying to contact them was useless.

It's just "Buyer Beware" time.

Then there's software put out by eBay, that's been associated with Spyware.

The deceit just never stops. :angry:

Remember the book "How to Serve Humanity"

(well done with a little mint jelly) :whistle:

:w00t: