How to delete this file?

Andy.Lee

That file is protected by Windows File Protection. You can delete it normally, but Windows will keep returning it. Unlocker will be useless for this, as handles are not the problem. You would need to disable Windows File Protection to remove it.

Boot into Safe mode and do it. You could remove the dllcache copy as well? This file seems to be a self-registering file, so if permanent removal was the consideration, then regsvr32 /u on it, comes to mind. The original file could be restored with sfc.

Had the same problem with a dl file. Could not remove it from a directory which was in the start up menu and kept giving me dl error messages on boot up. Fortunantly, I am using Norton Ghost, and was able to delete it in the restore utility. Get the ghost for future security and restore.

Boot into Safe mode and do it. You could remove the dllcache copy as well? This file seems to be a self-registering file, so if permanent removal was the consideration, then regsvr32 /u on it, comes to mind. The original file could be restored with sfc.

Unfortunate~~ . It does't work. :no::no:

I think the problem that is about the permission. What's that? the user s-1-5-32-563 in my screenshot.

• 1 year later...