Fridge-RaideR

heheh

that made my day

atleast my doggs are down for me

:P heheh, double pun

fridge-raider can i make use of your tweaks list :D

i want to get started on it, but want permissions before i continue,

Edited by gdogg

Wow, Clint, for someone with so much going on, you sure know how to tell people when they should and shouldn't be finished doing something they gave no guarentee on in the first place. I also like to excel in life, but my excelling has nothing to do with computers! So don't be telling me "Your time is up!" Go skydiving.

There are no girlies, just one girl, get your facts straight. I do clarify things.

Anyway, I'm off this Kingdom of Boredom. No offense to people like gdogg or Fridgey or Nuhi, just sick and tired of repeatedly justifying myself against short-time-spanners.

Fridge-RaideR, I'm very interested of how you got your Internet to work without the Windows Firewall / Internet Connection Sharing service. I mean, when I removed it, my Internet stopped working and I couldn't make it work :blink: Any ideas why and what to do?

So, if you give yourself a static ip, is it safe to completly remove DHCP & related files ?

I mean I have a static ip and disabled DHCP in services, but do some specific games or programs need it ? I havent encountered any problems when doing my everyday stuff on my computer though

Edited by superleiw

not that i have found, in my years of using a static ip address

even before using nlite, i used to disable those services

dont really know what could need it,

btw, lifes too hard right now for me, to continue working on anything, i will still talk, but doing things, is just not possible atm

Edited by gdogg

@Jeremy: Do you have a router or anything similar? I have a switch and when I start Windows for the first time, the firewall is turned on as default. So, when I remove the service, the installation has probably already activated the service and then removed it and so, it's impossible for me to disable it.

I don't know for sure, but that's my guess. How can I fix this?

Edited by Marthax

Remove list in nLite

msvcrt40.dll

error11yo.th.jpg

Oh man...when are you gonna get it....What you remove in one nLite version is not guarantieed to work in another!

Can you for one second try to realize what nLite is?

...it is a a bunch of tweaks and removals in a .NET package....so what you have done is applied a unknown set (new version of nLite) of changes to that posted setup of Fridge's.....

@Fridge...do you remember this? :

so here is the setup for #2:

1. last settings.ini ..I use .998bi ...don't come complaining if u use other version!!

If you go on and rush it as a triggerhappy LAN-Boy and just try one file or another and not the whole given setup, (meaning just grabbing those batches and apply them in another scenario) don't come to me and jadda jadda....oki?

The Making

Then at the remove box, I put the files listed in clints nLite.ini.

Installing and Analizing

There were some quite file not found errors during install, also in windows.

Internet Explorer didnt function properly, MSN wouldnt start. HELP OMFG WTF DONT U HAVE MSN CLINT? anyway :angel , couldnt get defrag software to work and printerspool service was also gone. also some stuff I needed for webcam was gone.

So I went to the remove files list of clint's nlite.ini to check if I had to keep files.

..you see?

:whistle:

..i rest my case

Edited by Clint

Thanks for the reply. Do you or anyone have any knowledge of why this is case that not having this dll on one system will work and on another system it will not work? This I thought was confusing. Thank you

Thanks for the reply. Do you or anyone have any knowledge of why this is case that not having this dll on one system will work and on another system it will not work? This I thought was confusing. Thank you

No problem :)

As I said, it is coz we are dealing with a app that is under development..(constant changes) ..that is built on tweaks and removals...(same as we do)...so it is bound to clash...(if you are doing "hardcore" removals that is).

..nLite is a beautiful tool, BUT....until it's relased in full version (it's still a BETA folks)...you either stick to one version, or you re-evaluate your batches and tweaks for each new beta that is released.

..to clearify, if something is not working that has been....where to look if not in the source of the changes?...in this case nlite...and then what has been done that triggered this condition...guess only Nuhi can answer that one.

Edited by Clint

Thanks for your replies. In this test, I left only the .exe's in the removal list and clock.avi. I had got another error when I previously tested just removing msvcrt... from the removal list. Thanks again to you and others contributing your knowledge.

@Jeremy: Do you have a router or anything similar? I have a switch and when I start Windows for the first time, the firewall is turned on as default. So, when I remove the service, the installation has probably already activated the service and then removed it and so, it's impossible for me to disable it.

I don't know for sure, but that's my guess. How can I fix this?

Back from a weekend with my gal. I'm on her mother's P2 233 Mhz right now. Anyway, Marthax, never really thought about that. I have a router yes, I remove everything except MultiProcessor Support, I never have any problems with my router or connectivity. As long as I integrate my Onboard Ethernet Controller Drivers, it works flawlessly everytime. Don't know what else to tell you.