Howto: Heavy slimmed down XP WITH functionality

Fridge-RaideR

Clint XP is cool :thumbup I am using it with no problems. I had a few problems setting it up because I didnt read :blushing: I wish nero was part of it :whistle: and a few drivers then man oh man.

But I tell you what it is blazing fast looks cool setting up and using. Uses very little resourses both HD and ram :w00t: It is very well thought out and technology advanced.

Clint you put a lot of time in making your baby a reality.

Been using for about 17 hours and been trying to make it break(testing) and guess what. I cant break it. Clint XP is stable and secure out of the box

Well thank you! :D

Ehhrrrmm, yes that reading part is a constant returner.. ;)

It's good to hear that you can't break it, I have tried quite some time as well...a bit boring kinda when things are in place.. :huh:

I take it you found the handy switches and such?

wish it had nero :w00t: . Found the switches. Wish I read the read me file first :blushing:

this would have answered a lot of the things I was experiencing. I am giving this os a throughal trashing wit some heavy games (for me anyway) multi tasking many apps at the same time.

I am waiting for it to laugh and say " Punk, make my day"

I would say as resourse easy as this is it would run on about a 400 mhz processor,64 meg ram, and as little as 2 gig HD easy

Quick question... I posted a while back about thinning out the registry. It gets packed with garbage when DLLs install.

Has anyone gone through the registry and made note of keys that are just garbage? For example, if ripping out DHTML, there is no point in keeping its keys in the Registry. But its keys don't amount to five or six... There are HUNDREDS. In Win2k alone, my files manage to save me about 10mb in my registry. XP's probably got even more to save.

For example... One would need to export the registry, open the file in Word, cut out the group of DHTML keys, clean it up a little, then write an INF to delete them (or supply me with the list of keys, and I could do it, but INF writers are probably a dime a dozen around here :P )

The task would be repeated for all useless key sets. Once you find the first one, the rest tend to be in increments of one, so once you find one, the others are always right behind.

I guess what I'm asking is this... Has anyone thought of an XP Registry Thinner?

I didn't install vision express I only use the burning part of nero. I used a custom nero thing I found in the unattened switches forum and modified it so only the parts I wanted were installed and all the exe and dll's were upx'd

bigman you got mail

BTW how did you get nero and vision express to install unattended?

wish it had nero :w00t: . Found the switches. Wish I read the read me file first :blushing:

this would have answered a lot of the things I was experiencing. I am giving this os a throughal trashing wit some heavy games (for me anyway) multi tasking many apps at the same time.

I am waiting for it to laugh and say " Punk, make my day"

I would say as resourse easy as this is it would run on about a 400 mhz processor,64 meg ram, and as little as 2 gig HD easy

Hehe, well...I might have hidden a wav somewhere...one of this days it will pop up.. :D

I did run it on my Fujitsu Celeron 400 with 64mb actually, worked perfectly and did leave me some 25mb of memory to use for other fun stuff.

I'm working on that laptop version with dial-up, printerspooler, domainjoining and such "mobile" things...so we can use that old laptop that used to be banished from the windows scene to live in the darkness with some sorry a** textbased linux distro..hehe!

I'm also quite near of actually installing office 2000 without MDAC, ODBC, JET and Outlook Express...ability to install Office 2k will cost me only 750kb and some registrymagic...functionality will be ok except ability to use databases ofcourse.

Office2k is perfectly ok compared to OfficeXP or that hogger Office2003, only lacking like webpublish and such things...draws only 4mb per app compared with 8mb for OfficeXP...Office2003 is just too gayish for me.

Edited by Clint

since most xp's are different

thining the registry could easily be done by yourself

heres a pointer, go under services in local machine :P

there yah go, all your removed stuff can also remove the registry entries now

btw, be careful, cause some things will break your inet

backup it first, with export :P

since i was out yesterday most of the day

i only had 40 mins last night to do the reg stuff, i got most of it gone, and fixed my inet after i broke it

can someone give me some pointers about how i can lighten the drivers startup anymore?

heres what ive done so far , take a look

if its not running its probbally removed,

Edited by gdogg

yes nice work

ive already done that manually

btw im starting from scratch with my windows this week-end

due to purchasing a dvd burner

and it being detected as a cd-rom under my supr-lite windows only