Wants and needs for WPI

i want a line command , for the end of wpi.cmd

(or my cleaner.cmd , my last task of WPI)

something like pskill or taskkill

to vanish the second media player after WPI is closed .

reason : i have no reson to play music after WPI is finishing .

is not a request to include in the future version of WPI , just i need it ,

but i dont know do it .

tnx !

it should definatly be closed off after installs,

i want a line command , for the end of wpi.cmd

(or my cleaner.cmd , my last task of WPI)

something like pskill or taskkill

to vanish the second media player after WPI is closed .

reason : i have no reson to play music after WPI is finishing .

is not a request to include in the future version of WPI , just i need it ,

but i dont know do it .

tnx !

at end of wpi.cmd

taskkill /F /IM mshta.exe

do that .

I already got the info that someone is planning an integration of the Manual into WPI, :)

That would be me, but after looking into it I'm not really sure where to start, the whole current setup of the manual is in such a way that it's impossible to do at the moment (at least for me)

The HTML code of the manual is polluted with MS-Office code aswell :realmad:

I've tried to clean it up but it's a massive job. I'd like for the original athor's to do a code cleanup first.

Also there are no stylesheets used at the moment (Come on guys where did you learn HTML!!)

About those translations: they are going to be way easier to maintain if the code is cleaned up.

I kind of take offense here some of us (like myself) are completly self taught and if you don't want to pay for classes then QUIT YOUR BITCHIN!!!!!!!

Edited by kelsenellenelvian

I already got the info that someone is planning an integration of the Manual into WPI, :)

That would be me, but after looking into it I'm not really sure where to start, the whole current setup of the manual is in such a way that it's impossible to do at the moment (at least for me)

I've tried to clean it up but it's a massive job. I'd like for the original athor's to do a code cleanup first.

Also there are no stylesheets used at the moment (Come on guys where did you learn HTML!!)

About those translations: they are going to be way easier to maintain if the code is cleaned up.

I kind of take offense here some of us (like myself) are completly self taught and if you don't want to pay for classes then QUIT YOUR BITCHIN!!!!!!!

Sorry, I didn't mean to offend you but the fact that the code from the manual is so completely different from the actual WPI code (wich is much cleaner) makes it hard to do anything with it. I guess I was just spilling some irritation that came up over the day...

Anyway, I didn't mean to offend anyone! I know how to build clean websites that have some javascript in it but I just don't know the whole picture yet, I've been out of it for a while and I will certianly keep trying (and from now on be a little more carefull with what I'm posting ;))

Keep up the good work! :thumbup

I'd just like to say that I was really annoyed seeing all that MS Office (and by the way not valid HTML) i many og the .html files.

If it was done properly, you could cut most of their sizes to half!

Now, I really like WPI and have been using it for a while, and it is a great script.

Just looking for ways to improve, but my Unattended CD is already packed to the limit, and ½-1 MB can get it over the top :-(

thanks kel

about yours problem , and other topics related to the WPI manual :

an online version cant be good ? not easier to maintain ? not good looking ?

what for an integrated manual ? can start someoane interested a poll about this ?

i bet that over 90% will hide it .

i dont care how will look this and i will hide it, but is just an opinion .

there a lot of more important problems to solve here .

dont waste your time , please.

about yours problem , and other topics related to the WPI manual :

an online version cant be good ? not easier to maintain ? not good looking ?

what for an integrated manual ? can start someoane interested a poll about this ?

i bet that over 90% will hide it .

i dont care how will look this and i will hide it, but is just an opinion .

there a lot of more important problems to solve here .

dont waste your time , please.

Online version would be good to me, what I ment with integration was to have the manual open in WPI's mainscreen and to have it look just like the rest of WPI (and thus have it themed).

Myself, I only know html and a bit of css but I don't know javascript, but I was thinking about a file created with/for each program to tell you if you've already installed the program or not, dunno if it's usefull, therefor I say thinking :)...

Just an idea, Grtz...

me personally i dont think the user manual should be integrated into the program, that should be an online thing or a pdf formatted file, the wpi should be made as light weight as possible, and most ppl id say 90 percent do hide the manual, they only use it as a reference,, which it is just meant to be for,

i think by making it open in the main window would be a waste of time, and also i doubt most ppl would want the file size added to,,, alot of ppl that use wpi, want to be able to remove things to make it lighter if possible and if its integrated,, that makes that option not possible

me personally i dont think the user manual should be integrated into the program, that should be an online thing or a pdf formatted file, the wpi should be made as light weight as possible, and most ppl id say 90 percent do hide the manual, they only use it as a reference,, which it is just meant to be for,

i think by making it open in the main window would be a waste of time, and also i doubt most ppl would want the file size added to,,, alot of ppl that use wpi, want to be able to remove things to make it lighter if possible and if its integrated,, that makes that option not possible

Ok. You're right. So another wish here:

Is it possible to integrate the Wizards into tranlation? (Options, Config, Audio Player) I once asked hasi001 for this, but he didn't know how to do it. Perhaps someone here has an idea?

Hi

thanks a lot for WPI

it looks great. but I´m still in "looking-Modus" haven´t burned a DVD yet, but this moment will come

You asked for some wishes and here we go:

1. :wacko:

include an Info-Tag for every Programm with the Website of it.

Okay a website for Adobe`s Acrobat isn´t that difficult to find but "Startup Control Panel" wasn´t that clear. Would be great.

2. :whistle:

if you have the website, why don´t you include a Direkt-Download-Link eg. Adobe Acrobat german http://ardownload.adobe.com/pub/adobe/read...LM_deu_full.exe

3. :blushing:

Logos and Screenshots are nice, so a Direktlink to a Logo would be nice as well

4. :thumbup

all these Download-Link are useless without a smale cmd-line Downloader, don´t they

well that it is for the moment,

on the one hand you have a "bigger" WPI but the other Part would be an up2date WPI-CD with just one click on "get all Files and Logos"

I would prefer the second one

thanks a lot for your work

cu

eden