Installing drivers, from Windows, after setup.

thj

Hello...

I got a Dell Inspiron 8500 laptop, so I need to install a few drivers when I've installed Windows XP.

I don't want them to be installed under the installation, but after installing windows. I want to do this a easy way, so I was thinking of downloading the drivers from Dell's homepage, extracting them and grap the inf files. Then I could create a batch script to execute the inf files so they will be installed. My question is if this would work? And do I need to use some special parameters when executing those inf files, if thats the way to do it?

Thanks dudes.

- Tommy.

Edited by Bâshrat the Sneaky

Maybe I didnt descripe it clearly enough, but I don't want the drivers on the cd. I want to execute a batch _manually_ after installing windows, so it installs all the drivers.

Maybe I didnt descripe it clearly enough, but I don't want the drivers on the cd. I want to execute a batch _manually_ after installing windows, so it installs all the drivers.

try my batch file here

Q: how is your "ATI Radeon Mobility 9000" Display adapter detected by windows?

A1: Standard VGA Graphics Adapter

A2: Video Controller

A3: other, please use Siginet Get_HWIDs.exe before installing PnP Devices drivers and post the result.

Edited by Bilou_Gateux